Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
Thanks for all of the seat responses! I'm small 5' 7" but old, so comfort is important. I may reach out and see if that car in transit is even available.. may already be claimed. My order is mired in goat poo at the moment... plus it doesn't have the technology package of which the PDR is something I would really like.
I'm very much leaning towards the standard Inteluxe seats for my 4BW due to budget although I want something other than another black interior. All press cars I have seen have the high performance seats. Can anyone with the Inteluxe seats please post some images and provide any feedback on comfort and appearance?

I'm very much leaning towards the standard Inteluxe seats for my 4BW due to budget although I want something other than another black interior. All press cars I have seen have the high performance seats. Can anyone with the Inteluxe seats please post some images and provide any feedback on comfort and appearance?
I too was on a budget, I used the red seatbelts to break up all the black. There is also the standard contrast stitching.

I too was on a budget, I used the red seatbelts to break up all the black. There is also the standard contrast stitching.
Agreed I would spec the red seat belts too. Hard to notice the contrast stitching in the configurator but I do see it now.

This is very much just my OCD, but its one thing that I can't 'un-see' after noticing it.

Also, I guess a bit of a warning for anyone that also has OCD, maybe stop reading and click 'back' right now because remaining blissfully unaware of this is likely for the better.

Buuuuuuut...

[Seriously, you may want to click 'back'...]

Has anyone noticed that the clicking from the blinker, the green turn signal arrow in the gauge cluster, and the actual turn signal lamp all actuate at different frequencies/tempos?
"Had" to bring this back up after now witnessing the phenomenon on my 5 also. It must be a feature. :)

So I just got my 4BW. My gripe are wish the infotainment is a lil bit bigger. Screen splitting Waze and Music just skews Waze too tightly. Wish there's a tad bit more space in the back seat. These things are supposed to be 2" longer than the M3 but you'd never know that sitting in the back. My buddy's M3 back seats are actually roomy.
Lastly, the placement of the parking brake. Wish they put that damn button right on the center console. Or have it auto set on when you turn off the car. Figured being an EPB, it wouldnt be hard to make it automatically set.

Lastly, the placement of the parking brake. Wish they put that damn button right on the center console. Or have it auto set on when you turn off the car. Figured being an EPB, it wouldnt be hard to make it automatically set.
Perhaps an OTA update could remedy that. :) They could place an option for that in the vehicle customization menu.

So I just got my 4BW. My gripe are wish the infotainment is a lil bit bigger. Screen splitting Waze and Music just skews Waze too tightly. Wish there's a tad bit more space in the back seat. These things are supposed to be 2" longer than the M3 but you'd never know that sitting in the back. My buddy's M3 back seats are actually roomy.
My Denali does auto parking brake when on an incline. I wish ours did that.

The 4BW is ~2" shorter in length than the G80 M3

The new M3 is bigger than the 4 BW

Last gen m3 still had 1.5" more leg room in the back than the ct4.

I very recently sat in the back of a 2021 M4 and would guess it also has more rear seat leg room than a CT4 (it was surprisingly comfortable). Nonetheless, the dimensions of any car are what they are... it's like buying a 1/2 truck and regretting it does not have a 2500 LB payload capacity.

I don't yet have mine but should very soon. I wish the areas left and right of the infotainment screen were different. In fact, if they could have just refreshed the entire center stack, the car would be near perfect. The rest of the interior rocks, but the center stack is blah.

Sort of a small detail, but on my 2020 Sierra, heated seats have red lights, cooled seats have blue lights, and the rest are amber. Not sure why they do not do that in these Cadillacs.

Attachments

• 20220328_153838 - Copy.jpg
    20220328_153838 - Copy.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 90
The more and more I own the car, the more I agree with you about the EPB. I am terrified that one day I'm going to forget and find that my car has rolled out of a parking spot.

Making it have the option to automatically turn on when the car gets shut off should be a safety feature.

The turning radius is kinda bad on the 4BW. Noticeably worse than similar sized cars I've driven.

The turning radius is kinda bad on the 4BW. Noticeably worse than similar sized cars I've driven.
I agree with this. My daily driver before before my CT4 V BW was an Audi RS5 which has a much smaller turning radius even though the overall size isn’t much different. I was really surprised first time I tried to maneuver with a tight turn.

The 5BW isn’t great either. The V3 was much better. I’ve learned to work with it.

First gear, apply a fair amount of throttle, aggressively let out the clutch and counter steer a little. That will greatly reduce the turning radius. :)

I agree with this. My daily driver before before my CT4 V BW was an Audi RS5 which has a much smaller turning radius even though the overall size isn’t much different. I was really surprised first time I tried to maneuver with a tight turn.
Another Audi person moving to a BW. The only reason I am switching from a S6 is I miss the manual. I had a S4 manual which I loved but needed a bigger back seat, hence the S6. I have driven the RS5 and it is a very nice car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back