Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V academy

For any autocross aficionados going April 3/4 the SCCA Solo2 National Tour in Mar 31-Apr 2 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I may go early and see if there is anybody I know from the old days still running competitively nationally.

Yeah, I've never flown Southwest before. I despise the "cattle car" concept. I paid extra for their Business Select fare so I am guaranteed to be in the first boarding group.

But Southwest was the only carrier I could find that had a nonstop flight back to Houston late enough that I don't have to stay another night.

It's a 3-hour flight and 2-hour time change. My flight lands at 1:20 AM local. I probably won't be home until 2:00 AM.

Speaking of which: to arrive home at 11:30 you'd have to depart LAS around 6:30. I understand it's about an hour from Spring Mountain to LAS, so you're only giving yourself 90 minutes to return your car and go through security. Seems a little tight to me.

You're spot on, flight is at 630. Have no choice unfortunately. Work at 6am the next morning. The one thing I disagree with is 90 mins not being enough. I average getting to the airport an hour before my flight usually lol, 90 mins is plenty. With precheck I've only missed one flight in the last 10 yrs. Game changer.

With precheck I've only missed one flight in the last 10 yrs. Game changer.
Respect. People who fly a lot have the system down.

I, on the other hand, once went to the entirely wrong terminal at IAH.

Getting close to my time. Jan 11th and 12th. Hopefully weather is decent.

Got an email from Gina yesterday - they opened up 2 dates (July 5/6 and Aug 7/8). We are doing the July session (we = wife is driving as well, so let the games begin) and it looks like there are slots still open. The desert, in July.....

Got an email from Gina yesterday - they opened up 2 dates (July 5/6 and Aug 7/8). We are doing the July session (we = wife is driving as well, so let the games begin) and it looks like there are slots still open. The desert, in July.....
July in Nevada desert? 😵‍💫🫠Been there done that, was 114. Car parked in sun, open door and felt like a blast oven. That time of year out there calls for indoor sports only🍺🍷🥃🍸♥️♦️♣️♠️🎲🎰💸

July in Nevada desert? 😵‍💫🫠Been there done that, was 114. Car parked in sun, open door and felt like a blast oven. That time of year out there calls for indoor sports only🍺🍷🥃🍸♥️♦️♣️♠️🎲🎰💸
I live in Southern Arizona so I know about hot. On the plus side it won't take much work to get your rubber warmed up.

On the plus side it won't take much work to get your rubber warmed up.
Oh My George Takai GIF

I did Corvette School there the first week of July. Highs were 115 to 120 those days. It wasn't as bad as one might think; it's a dry heat, afterall!

I didn't say it wasn't hot, only that it isn't as bad as one might think. I found it more bearable than upper 90s in central PA. :ROFLMAO:
My PNW threshold is low, but totally get the humid vs dry. There is a legit 20-25F in it at those temps.
I could still play golf in Phoenix at 110, 85+ dripping wet humidity in South Carolina was some of the worst sports weather we've been in.

I'll take 90 degrees temps in Nevada all day. 110+temps and Im sweating with possible case of swamp ass😱

My PNW threshold is low, but totally get the humid vs dry. There is a legit 20-25F in it at those temps.
I could still play golf in Phoenix at 110, 85+ dripping wet humidity in South Carolina was some of the worst sports weather we've been in.
Yep, high humidity is bad, it interferes with our ability to cool our bodies by sweating.

I'll take 90 degrees temps in Nevada all day. 110+temps and Im sweating with possible case of swamp ass😱
Good thing I don’t have to share cars with you when we are both at school in couple months. Maybe I’ll bring you some monkey butt powder

I've got EDC Vegas the weekend I'm there and airfare is going to run like $750 or something stupid. Oh well.
I’m also going to EDC this year! Very excited about. Which has nothing to do with this thread topic but meh 😂

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back