Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

Well, now I'm curious! Did yours make it?

Not yet!

I have faith, tho. Just knowing it is actually in transit has relaxed me tremendously.

So I have a question. First, my CT4-V BW was produced towards the end of October but has been sitting at the Lansing plant lot since. My dealer says it showed that was ready to ship since 11/14. Last week they requested that the dealer can send a truck to pick up the 6 vehicles waiting for them. 5 were accepted, my BW was denied, saying something about the vehicle waiting for fitment (my dealer was confused by the message so I don’t have more than what she told me).

I got the manual, I did NOT get either of the carbon packages. I ordered all other available options (there are a few not available on the manual as I’m sure y’all know).

Any ideas what is missing for the 4-BWs? Other known issues?

So I have a question. First, my CT4-V BW was produced towards the end of October but has been sitting at the Lansing plant lot since. My dealer says it showed that was ready to ship since 11/14. Last week they requested that the dealer can send a truck to pick up the 6 vehicles waiting for them. 5 were accepted, my BW was denied, saying something about the vehicle waiting for fitment (my dealer was confused by the message so I don’t have more than what she told me).

I got the manual, I did NOT get either of the carbon packages. I ordered all other available options (there are a few not available on the manual as I’m sure y’all know).

Any ideas what is missing for the 4-BWs? Other known issues?
I'm in the same boat as you except mine was built September 14th and I have received minimal communication!
Btw mine showed available to ship on 11/14 but was moved back to 4D00 status the following day which was right about the time the recall was issued. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you except mine was built September 14th and I have received minimal communication!
Btw mine showed available to ship on 11/14 but was moved back to 4D00 status the following day which was right about the time the recall was issued. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not?
Bummer! It's weird as mine has been 3800 but my dealer with their "level 5 clearance" or whatever said it was "ready to ship" - made me think that GM is fudging the status a bit.

What recall are you referring to? I missed that update - was it for the side curtain airbag?

I'll share whatever I learn from my dealer - waiting for an update though I'm not certain they'll be able to get much clarity from Cadillac on this.

Yeah my dealer just says "apparently Cadillac is having issues shipping cars" then goes dark for weeks when I ask for more information. A 2 second Google search can tell me that. Found these on a Camaro site of a Lansing lot from September:
View attachment 13810

View attachment 13809
funny you say that - that's exactly what my dealer said. I live in the Cincy area so my dealer went to get the 6 vehicles they've been waiting for but mine was denied. waiting for clarification on that. Incidentally - my CT4-V BW is in the dark steel (can't recall the exact name). I see 1 in the pic (wayy in the back)... now that would be a coincidence!

Bummer! It's weird as mine has been 3800 but my dealer with their "level 5 clearance" or whatever said it was "ready to ship" - made me think that GM is fudging the status a bit.

What recall are you referring to? I missed that update - was it for the side curtain airbag?

I'll share whatever I learn from my dealer - waiting for an update though I'm not certain they'll be able to get much clarity from Cadillac on this.
DRL recall. Can be resolved with an OTA software update.

Incidentally - my CT4-V BW is in the dark steel (can't recall the exact name). I see 1 in the pic (wayy in the back)... now that would be a coincidence!
That's my Argent Silver car way in the back with four flat tires and the inch thick layer of dirt and grime on it 😂
Been sitting there awhile!

Received an update from my dealer on Wednesday:

"As of today, it appears to have been moved to a new holding lot, a little south of Lansing. I think making them mark it "HOT", might have got it moving."

I don't know what marking it "hot" means, nor what if any significance there is to it moving to a different lot.

I think Hot is the opposite of double secret probation. Your dealer is special.

Received an update from my dealer on Wednesday:

"As of today, it appears to have been moved to a new holding lot, a little south of Lansing. I think making them mark it "HOT", might have got it moving."

I don't know what marking it "hot" means, nor what if any significance there is to it moving to a different lot.
May car has been "hot" at Autoport for 2 1/2 months. Not sure I would get too excited over that classification.

May car has been "hot" at Autoport for 2 1/2 months. Not sure I would get too excited over that classification.
x2
I was in the same boat, meant nothing

Hot means there keeping it warm so the snow doesn't pile up on it.

Hot as in car got stolen and they are still trying to find it.😉

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners