Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

Maybe in a lower HP car I'd agree more. Pushing 700hp I'd imagine the difference is a 1/10 but not much more. When/where in the power ban that increase is could also make a difference.

Maybe in a lower HP car I'd agree more. Pushing 700hp I'd imagine the difference is a 1/10 but not much more. When/where in the power ban that increase is could also make a difference.
Completely agree.

I'm skeptical on the real-world gains of the ported blower without at tune. Yes, I saw the YT video where the car picked up 60 rwhp, but FishinV ran pretty much the same time as the ported blower car (within .10) with slicks and an otherwise stock car.

Equal cars with a ~60 hp advantage should be multiple tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile.
Trap speed would probably be a better indicator.

There were significant gains throughout the entire powerband but especially up top. With an A10 car, the car is constantly in that sweet spot where the gains are. I believe without a tune there is some power/torque limiting going on with the Global B software which isn't putting that full amount of power down.

My $.02.

This seems like kinda a huge deal.

If we can make intake mods (ported blower, TB, CAI) and exhaust mods that leave cats in place (headers, NPP exhaust) without a tune, that's a game changer. How is a dealership going to spot a ported blower? They would be hard pressed to spot a changed throttle body.

While the enthusiast community lamented Global B was 'untunable', I don't think any of us realized we could do bolt-ons without a tune because OEM ECU and OEM Wideband can handle them.

If we can make intake mods (ported blower, TB, CAI) and exhaust mods that leave cats in place (headers, NPP exhaust) without a tune, that's a game changer. How is a dealership going to spot a ported blower? They would be hard pressed to spot a changed throttle body.
If you're referring to warranty work then if GM directly gets involved for some reason then you'll still have a fight. AFAIK, all of these modern platforms in the last few years can use various onboard modules to detect if the vehicle accelerates faster than it was designed to do. If you put on 100whp without a tune they can still find out without looking at the vehicle.. If it stays at dealer level then I would guess you're quite right.

While the enthusiast community lamented Global B was 'untunable', I don't think any of us realized we could do bolt-ons without a tune because OEM ECU and OEM Wideband can handle them.
Those are my thoughts. I want her to be "stealth" if I need to bring her into the Caddy dealer.

True @MatthewAMEL. Adaptability, is something I have come across a few times feeding my curiosity on the web and the ECU. There is a window, apparently the computer will correct to a given "bolt on" mod attempted so far (ported blower and snorkel), on the 5 LT4? Without firing ECU Error Codes? Now does this Onstar health check capture this data? ECU adaptations, or the ECU itself? HP Increase? Or the Caddy App? Any SME' been there done that?

I don’t get the mentality of heavy modding and trying to hide it from GM. If you’re going to mod to the point that you’re pulling the supercharger and opening the engine, deal with the consequences. My V Coupe put down around 700hp and thankfully I never had any issues, but if I did it was on me. Not GM or the dealer.

Really? You'd rather pay to fix something that could potentially be covered by a warranty?

I don’t get the mentality of heavy modding and trying to hide it from GM. If you’re going to mod to the point that you’re pulling the supercharger and opening the engine, deal with the consequences. My V Coupe put down around 700hp and thankfully I never had any issues, but if I did it was on me. Not GM or the dealer.
No one is talking about opening the engine. I think we are trying to discover just how adaptable GM Global B is to 'bolt-on' mods that the older cars needed tunes for.

Even the LT4 in the C7Z and the ZL1 needed a tune for a ported blower. You do understand porting simply makes the factory part flow air better? No mechanical changes are made.

Really? You'd rather pay to fix something that could potentially be covered by a warranty?
If I'm pushing a substantial amount of additional power through the engine, then no I don't think it's fair to expect the manufacturer to pay the tab when something blows up as a result.

Jab back.

Car is bought, has a warranty. use it. I'm still correcting shit on a 100k car.

If I'm pushing a substantial amount of additional power through the engine, then no I don't think it's fair to expect the manufacturer to pay the tab when something blows up as a result.
Get what you are saying, what do you own, 4 or 5 BW? Statement has a purpose.

Get what you are saying, what do you own, 4 or 5 BW? Statement has a purpose.
Driving a tuned Raptor now with a 5BW on order to add to the stable. I like where this thread is headed, as I also have a problem with leaving things stock!

In the game. May get hairy at times. Find you're Bird. Good luck!

Yes, the CT4-V Blackwings have dual wideband oxygen sensors as well.

Unfortunately all these cars will set DTCs for catalyst inefficiency when you remove the factory cats.
Scott, you guys played around with using old school o2 sensor spacers to trick the secondary sensors?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back