Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Another NOVA new guy…

pfcastine

Placed my order yesterday for a CT5V BW. Radiant red, satin graphite wheels, bronze calipers. Manual.

Salesman had the same exact car available except with an automatic, so a non-starter for me. I’ll (im)patiently wait my year for my manual. Guessing it will be a 2024 model? Price is MSRP (whatever that will be) without any adder.

No order number yet; guess I’ll just have to drool over pics of others’ cars to pass the time.

Pete

Placed my order yesterday for a CT5V BW. Radiant red, satin graphite wheels, bronze calipers. Manual.

Salesman had the same exact car available except with an automatic, so a non-starter for me. I’ll (im)patiently wait my year for my manual. Guessing it will be a 2024 model? Price is MSRP (whatever that will be) without any adder.

No order number yet; guess I’ll just have to drool over pics of others’ cars to pass the time.

Pete
Hopefully it doesn't take too long! They've been cranking out the new orders rather quickly. Mine went from ordered to produced in about a months time (Granted I got a 4BW, W/O restrained parts). Just waiting to hear about EDD now. I know another member placed their 5BW order same time as me and theirs was built a week sooner so, no clue what's going on in Lansing but they're trying to crank these things out!

Fingers crossed for you! Welcome to the goat rodeo!

Thanks. Fully prepared to wait a year, if that's what it takes. The salesman was pretty clueless; the sales manager could only tell me "it's taking about a year". They showed me their order sheets which showed about 25 orders some dating back to 10/2021.

I figure I'll call next week and ask what my order number is? Not exactly sure how this all works; it's my first time ordering a car.

Thanks. Fully prepared to wait a year, if that's what it takes. The salesman was pretty clueless; the sales manager could only tell me "it's taking about a year". They showed me their order sheets which showed about 25 orders some dating back to 10/2021.

I figure I'll call next week and ask what my order number is? Not exactly sure how this all works; it's my first time ordering a car.

The 4BW is also my first time ordering a car so it's been an interesting learning experience. So did you place an order or an allocation?

There's a few threads that explain the process but the sparknotes are: Some dealers get more "allocations" than others for varying reasons. I think of it as a ticket of sorts that guarantees your order will get placed. Some dealers are taking deposits praying they'll get that allocation. Without it, there is no order # for the car. Once a dealer gets the allocation, that is when they call you back and make sure your build is as you want it because that goes into the GM Workbench system and the build # is produced and sent to Lansing to await production.

My local dealer in Norfolk VA was not getting allocations frequently. I put $500 down and waited a month and heard nothing. I started shopping around and Delaware Cadillac in Wilmington, DE had a bunch of BW's so I called them and I'm not exaggerating when I say that night, they got a bulk of allocations and put my order in same day. Order number produced the following morning. You can see the details in my intro post if you're interested.

All that to say, not sure what dealer you went through but some are better than others and some just get more cars (faster) at the end of the day.

I called the dealer and got my order # - CGRJ8H. No one called me to confirm the build (yet…). I do have a printout of the order build from the salesman….

Now to figure out how to track it (not that I expect to see any movement yet…)

Pete

I called the dealer and got my order # - CGRJ8H. No one called me to confirm the build (yet…). I do have a printout of the order build from the salesman….

Now to figure out how to track it (not that I expect to see any movement yet…)

Pete
@Rob will add you to the tracker when he's available! After that, you can check the status HERE, he usually updates it weekly! Welcome to the party!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back