Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Window tint

Attachments

• DSC_8210.png
    DSC_8210.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 88
Thanks! The tint guy recommended it to me but said that I could always come back and do it later if the heat rejection was not to my liking

If you want heat rejection you should really get your windshield tinted. There are a couple of companies that sell 70-80% tint for windshields that don't have much affect on night driving but help a lot for heat.

I was quoted $699 for the Xpel XR Plus or $500 for the XR Black. $350 for non-ceramic tint.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but will be doing it soon. Seems expensive to me and it doesn't even include the windshield which would be another $275.

For those who do the windshield, do you have trouble seeing at night? I'd of course go with as clear/transparent as possible, but on my truck with 15% on the side windows (non-ceramic), I can't see shit with the windows up on dark backroads.

I paid $400 for everything including windshield with non-ceramic. But pricing I'm sure is all over the place depending on where you live. In regards to the windshield, 70-80% has very little affect on night driving. 50% does have some effect on night driving. It's not bad in town or city and you get use to it. Where I notice it the most is back roads and spotting potential animals like deer. 30% and lower is too much for me and I would never drive that at night.

If you want heat rejection you should really get your windshield tinted. There are a couple of companies that sell 70-80% tint for windshields that don't have much affect on night driving but help a lot for heat.

I paid $400 for everything including windshield with non-ceramic. But pricing I'm sure is all over the place depending on where you live. In regards to the windshield, 70-80% has very little affect on night driving. 50% does have some effect on night driving. It's not bad in town or city and you get use to it. Where I notice it the most is back roads and spotting potential animals like deer. 30% and lower is too much for me and I would never drive that at night.
100% agree. although, I do not have any personal issues with 50%

There is a marked improvement over a non-tinted window. But for me, I am a pasty ginger with sensitive eyes... I need the added tint so I don't burn out my retinas lol
If only there was a device which blocked sun from your eyes during the day, but could be removed so you can see clearly at night... 🤔

I was skeptical about doing the windshield, but the sun has a huge effect on the top of the dash and on driver comfort. I don't really notice that it is there. I was a little concerned about effect on the HUD, but it actually improved it when wearing polarized sunglasses. The amount of heat rejection of the Xpel Prime XR Plus over the next lower level Xpel tint was dramatic. The value seemed cost effective to me.

For those who do the windshield, do you have trouble seeing at night? I'd of course go with as clear/transparent as possible, but on my truck with 15% on the side windows (non-ceramic), I can't see shit with the windows up on dark backroads.
Unpopular rant incoming...

Of course you have trouble seeing at night if you tint the windshield. Even if you have mild tint and only block 30% of the light, that's 30% worse vision you have to see deer, bicyclists, kids, whatever at night.

"But it's hot here, I need the heat rejection!" Get over yourself Nancy...turn on the air conditioning! Or use a windshield shade when you park...

Unless you never drive at night, tinting the windshield is stupid and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Of course you have trouble seeing at night if you tint the windshield. Even if you have mild tint and only block 30% of the light, that's 30% worse vision you have to see deer, bicyclists, kids, whatever at night.

"But it's hot here, I need the heat rejection!" Get over yourself Nancy...turn on the air conditioning! Or use a windshield shade when you park...

Unless you never drive at night, tinting the windshield is stupid and you'll never convince me otherwise.
You can get extremely light (as I did) or no tint (like @Tall Steve ), but you get heat and UV protection for your dash and skin. Personal choice.

You can get extremely light (as I did) or no tint (like @Tall Steve ), but you get heat and UV protection for your dash and skin. Personal choice.
Windshields already block all UVB and almost all UVA.

It's personal choice, but in most states tinting the windshield is illegal, and for good reason.

Having never even heard of getting the entire windshield tinted will take your word for it. I have a difficult time as it is when driving in the dark. Why in the world spend money to make it worse?

Having never even heard of getting the entire windshield tinted will take your word for it. I have a difficult time as it is when driving in the dark. Why in the world spend money to make it worse?
I refuse to wear my glasses at night and I have no issue seeing out my front windshield.. All I can say is I can tell a difference in my cars with the front windshield done (heat wise), and like @shbox said its a personal choice....

Windshields already block all UVB and almost all UVA.

It's personal choice, but in most states tinting the windshield is illegal, and for good reason.
Most, but not as much protection you will get from ceramic film (think SPF 1000). Mine is tinted within the law. Ask all those weathered, cracked and deteriorating dash tops how that UV protection is doing. ;)

Most, but not as much protection you will get from ceramic film (think SPF 1000). Mine is tinted within the law. Ask all those weathered, cracked and deteriorating dash tops how that UV protection is doing. ;)
I asked them, and they said they have never seen 303 Protectant!

My 17-year-old convertible that is never driven with the top up has plastics that still look brand new, because of the above product.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back