Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Window tint

$560 for Autobahn i3.

Everything 33%, except the windshield, because I agree with @Throat Yogurt , and I don't want to have to find "a guy" or "a Dr. note" to pass inspection. I have never had a car done with autobahn i3, but the detailer said it's the best stuff out right now (heat rejection, distortion, color).

I haven't tinted the M5 yet since I'm still waiting to see what happens with the BW but I need to break down and get it done. It's been 100+ here for weeks now.

I got a quote for $725 for Spectra PhotoSync (35%) and clear SolarGard on the windshield for $175. I had the same setup on my V3 and it was great. I need the best tint I can get since I'm finding that BMW A/C doesn't feel as strong as my V did.

Down here in FL I’ve now tinted the windshield on 3 vehicles and will absolutely do the blackwing. 50% ceramic, just enough to keep heat out, not make it a big deal if you forget sunglasses, and help with light refraction when it rains. It honestly doesn’t make much of a difference at night…

dont-cross-the-streams-egon.gif
cross-the-streams-ghostbusters.gif
ghostbusters-dont-cross-the-streams.gif

I haven't tinted the M5 yet since I'm still waiting to see what happens with the BW but I need to break down and get it done. It's been 100+ here for weeks now.

I got a quote for $725 for Spectra PhotoSync (35%) and clear SolarGard on the windshield for $175. I had the same setup on my V3 and it was great. I need the best tint I can get since I'm finding that BMW A/C doesn't feel as strong as my V did.
Probably a silly question but did you adjust the "allowed delta" for the AC to the coolest setting (least delta allowed). Idk if it's a dial in the M5 or if it's in the climate settings in the main display

That must have been the fine? Lotsa Chicago suburbia cops enjoy writing those tickets as they generally don't have much else to do.
Luckily, no. The car came with tints, and despite how nice they looked on the outside, visibility while driving at night was so poor, I didn't feel safe. My street doesn't have any street lights, and I wouldn't be able to see neighbors walking their dogs, etc.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back