Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Theres 1 oem rear spoiler going for 2k on ebay thats all scratched up. I bet by the time a body shop fixed it it would cost around what a new one costs.
I bought the one on ebay. Not too scratched up, but definitely needs a polish. Its got some kind of weird matte finish to it now. I'm guessing it came off of a wrecked car?? Still looks good though! Now just need to find the front splitter...

I bought the one on ebay. Not too scratched up, but definitely needs a polish. Its got some kind of weird matte finish to it now. I'm guessing it came off of a wrecked car?? Still looks good though! Now just need to find the front splitter...
They probably sprayed something on it to try and fix it. Hopefully the scratch didnt hit the carbon fiber and its in the clear coat.

They probably sprayed something on it to try and fix it. Hopefully the scratch didnt hit the carbon fiber and its in the clear coat.
There's also speciality CF repair shops that he can send it to if it came down to actual damage.

100 percent sure any damage is superficial and in the clear only. I looked it over pretty good. No deep scratches, gouges, anything like that. All the carbon looks intact. I think a good polish is all it needs to look brand new.

I've read a bunch of pages in this thread and I still don't understand how constraints work; is it currently impossible to place an order that includes the carbon fiber 1 and 2 packages? Or would such an order get canceled due to constraints on carbon fiber packages? If I really, really want carbon fiber and don't care if it adds months to the build time do I need to wait for the constraints to go away and then order?

I've read a bunch of pages in this thread and I still don't understand how constraints work; is it currently impossible to place an order that includes the carbon fiber 1 and 2 packages? Or would such an order get canceled due to constraints on carbon fiber packages? If I really, really want carbon fiber and don't care if it adds months to the build time do I need to wait for the constraints to go away and then order?
1. Find a dealer without a wait list or a short wait list. ADM may be added or deposit may be required depending on dealership.
2. Hope dealer gets allocation(s) for when it is your turn/place in line.
3. If/When they get an allocation...if CF is still on constraint they should give you option to order without CF or if it is not on allocation you are all set and can place your order.
4. Final 22 MY orders need to be submitted by sometime in May to be produced by mid-summer?...I believe.
5. You are not guaranteed to get an allocation for a 22 MY.
6. If you do not get a 22MY order, then you need to get back on the list at your preferred dealer because orders do not automatically roll over into 23 MY... they clear out & need to be started over.
7. See "1." above
8. Why are you still reading this? I said 'See "1." above'
9. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.
10. Welcome to the goat rodeo.
you-lose-good-day.gif

Hopefully that helps?

Welcome to the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Find a dealer without a wait list or a short wait list. ADM may be added or deposit may be required depending on dealership.
2. Hope dealer gets allocation(s) for when it is your turn/place in line.
3. If/When they get an allocation...if CF is still on constraint they should give you option to order without CF or if it is not on allocation you are all set and can place your order.
4. Final 22 MY orders need to be submitted by sometime in May to be produced by mid-summer?...I believe.
5. You are not guaranteed to get an allocation for a 22 MY.
6. If you do not get a 22MY order, then you need to get back on the list at your preferred dealer because orders do not automatically roll over into 23 MY... they clear out & need to be started over.
7. See "1." above
8. Why are you still reading this? I said 'See "1." above'
9. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.
10. Welcome to the goat rodeo.
View attachment 7993

Hopefully that helps?
Thanks for breaking it down a little bit for me, I’m new to all this, I’ve never even ordered a new car before, just bought a couple off the lot so this whole situation is crazy to me and I’m trying to keep up.

Thanks for breaking it down a little bit for me, I’m new to all this, I’ve never even ordered a new car before, just bought a couple off the lot so this whole situation is crazy to me and I’m trying to keep up.
It's crazy for everyone and not like it used to be. It's a very difficult time to buy a car.

Thanks for breaking it down a little bit for me, I’m new to all this, I’ve never even ordered a new car before, just bought a couple off the lot so this whole situation is crazy to me and I’m trying to keep upI

I've ordered 8 cars form 5 different manufactures and never seen anything like this before. It's just a crazy world wright now

My dealership is telling me both manual transmission and infrared tintcoat are "on constraint" :(

Y'all heard this too?

Last edited:
My dealership is telling me both manual transmission and infrared tintcoat are "in constraint" :(

Y'all heard this too?
Infrared has been on constraint for a few months now. I have not seen anything that says manual is on constraint. Ask the salesperson if they can send you a screenshot of the CT5 ordering constraints for the week. Mine did that a while back when my order got picked up.

My dealership is telling me both manual transmission and infrared tintcoat are "in constraint" :(

Y'all heard this too?
Mine is infrared + manual and is at 3800, but infrared went on constraint like 2 weeks after they accepted it. It appears they are dropping the color for 2023 and that may be part of the reason it went on constraint a few month's before the end of 2022 production.

Someone else did mention their dealer said manuals were on constraint as well, but I don't know if they was ever officially confirmed.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back