Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions, Nits, Acclaim, and Observations after 1,500 miles

in my bmw m4 i just got rid of you could...you had two preset modes on your steering wheel. i hade 1 mode for touring and mode 2 was performance everything with traction and stability disabled

does race 2 mode give you a bunch of angle or does it reign it in pretty quick?

Are you sure about that? I recall at the the Sewell v club q&a this spring, Brandon Vivian told us these did have sound piped in and he said it as he was starting up the 5. But he made sure to tell me it’s actual sound from a microphone, not fake sound…
If you watch the ICONS video...he very clearly explains it's all real noise in the CT5.

Also in the Throttle House review, they mention there is no piped in exhaust note and they found it a little subdued in the cabin with the windows up because...Caddy.

in my bmw m4 i just got rid of you could...you had two preset modes on your steering wheel. i hade 1 mode for touring and mode 2 was performance everything with traction and stability disabled
The V Mode button is the same as the M buttons in a BMW M model. It has a traction control setting that can be saved in that mode. You just get 1 button instead of 2 like a BMW.

The V Mode button is the same as the M buttons in a BMW M model. It has a traction control setting that can be saved in that mode. You just get 1 button instead of 2 like a BMW.
Awsome man. Thanks that helps. I wasn’t sure if you could save a mode that you had created.
I want a saved setting with all nannies off in case I take a wrong exit in Atlanta and end up in one of those donut pits and an intersection

Does anyone feel like it's very easy to get into reverse? No ring/downward pressure required? I'm sure it's locked out (can others confirm?) when moving forwards. But it still seems strange. I've never had anything other than cheap manuals though so maybe this is normal.
Love the car, will post some pics soon.

Does anyone feel like it's very easy to get into reverse? No ring/downward pressure required? I'm sure it's locked out (can others confirm?) when moving forwards. But it still seems strange. I've never had anything other than cheap manuals though so maybe this is normal.
Very easy but it is far enough over to never worry about a mis shift

Reverse has a lockout solenoid. You aren't getting it into reverse when the car is moving forward.

well, i've had my CT5 BW for 2 weeks now. While i agree that the turn signal lever is a bit far from the wheel, and there is a lot of confusing tech in the car, the bottom line is that there are some really wonderful things here. i have owned old and new corvettes, mustangs, cobras, maseratis, hellcats, and 2 previous CTS-Vs. What I really want from a car is a great street driving car. the manual shifter has a really nice feel (nice linkage) that is just that much nicer than the 2nd gen CTS-V (which wasnt bad) The clutch pedal is nice and heavy. the engine seems absolutely wonderful (despite the glitches it is giving me, as mentioned in a different post). The electric racing blue paint is actually really good, and despite others having runs in their paint, my car came out really great. I really enjoy this car and it is worth the wait! the skyline gray interior is very pretty and comfortable

"negative things" -- The suspension is a bit firmer over the bumps than my 2nd gen CTS-V even in tour mode. I liked how soft the 2nd gen V rode, but then it tightened up so fast when needed. the electric steering feels a bit numb to me, even in race mode. same with brake pedal, which feels a bit artificial. and the wheels are so intricate that i can not imagine how i will ever clean or wax them.

bottom line - i think this is the best driver's car in the world right now. close competitors - hellcats, but their suspension is just too stiff for everyday driving in the real world, and the brake pedal feel is too grabby. Porsche or audi or italian stuff?? in my book, nothing beats a loud obnoxious american V8 with a stick shift. if you dont agree with me, then you dont have to be my friend.

(serious question - does anyone else think german cars sound a lot like hoover vacuum cleaners? and look a lot like VW beetles? or is it just me?)

so in conclusion, get your blackwing, get through the first 500 miles. then go annihilate your rear tires. repeat daily.

my neighbor asked me how's the gas mileage -- while i was thinking about how to reply to this, she asked me if it is a plug in hybrid. i said yes it is a hybrid and it gets really good mileage.

Has anyone had any issues with the drivers assist system? On a long haul today (220 miles round trip) and around 1250 miles, I got some messages that said the side view blah blah wasn't available which I thought was due to extreme sun on the camera. Then a little later, the front collision system was unavailable. Then it said to Service Driver Assist System. I tried to turn on LKA and it would not turn on and said not available.

A while later (about 30 miles id say), it all came on and functioned properly which tells me its a short or loose fuse or something.

Then when I got home I happened to be sent my December onstar diagnostics report. I thought "cool, it knows I had a problem." Nope, no indication that onstar saw any of this, but it did a pretty good job of telling me my onstar service plan has an issue.

Just checking to see if anyone else has had this type of issue with this system or any other system that has sensors.
Definitely sounds like something is either loose or obstructed. Even dust or an errant leaf can wreak havoc sometimes. Rain too, but I'm guessing you don't see much of that out there.

Does anyone know how to turn off the "feature" where the car honks if you walk more than a couple feet away without locking the door? It's fine with me if it self locks, but I don't need the noise. Particularly when I'm in a garage.

Does anyone know how to turn off the "feature" where the car honks if you walk more than a couple feet away without locking the door? It's fine with me if it self locks, but I don't need the noise. Particularly when I'm in a garage.
Is it possible that you have Passive Door Lock turned on with the horn chirp?

1641389471125.png

Is the key fob with you when this happens or in the car?

Is it possible that you have Passive Door Lock turned on with the horn chirp?

View attachment 6385
You can set it up in the settings, I am pretty sure. I wanted mine off because I park in my garage and didn't want it honking every time I parked the car in the garage. I also have my side mirrors fold up when the car locks.... that is more than enough indication for me that the car is locked.

I'm a moron... Sure enough, just go to settings. First time having a car with "settings" . I'll remember to dig around in there next time before bothering everyone here!

Thanks for the help guys!

@Mirza Grebovic

How can you be so cruel as to put a gas tank this small in this car?
Needs a 23 gallon tank minimum.

I'm getting about 150 miles out of each tank and that's during break-in.
I'm going to be fueling every other day after I pass 500 miles. 😭
Lol oh man I know we were gona get some flack for that but it makes it faster and better and a lil sacrifice for performance to stand at gas station 5 min is not bad. However I know your an enthusiast and are driving it right so it says 150. When you put it in cruise for long trips you ll get 300 or more just dont cruise at 100 lol.

Here is my CT4 story. After track days 118 with full tank. But 11hr ride to VIR and only one fill up, hit high 400 per tank driving down there.

Lol oh man I know we were gona get some flack for that but it makes it faster and better and a lil sacrifice for performance to stand at gas station 5 min is not bad. However I know your an enthusiast and are driving it right so it says 150. When you put it in cruise for long trips you ll get 300 or more just dont cruise at 100 lol.

Here is my CT4 story. After track days 118 with full tank. But 11hr ride to VIR and only one fill up, hit high 400 per tank driving down there.
Agreed - it's a good trade off and the car gets mid 20s on the highway so 400+ miles when I need it (never?) is just fine.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back