Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

For a dealer that does look to be charging a bit of ADM ($60,000), look to Jim Hudson Cadillac of Columbia, SC.

That dealer has already been dragged in their own thread here:

That dealer has already been dragged in their own thread here:

Lol my Twitter post never got flagged

Ok, I was visiting a dealer in the PNW (I’ll leave their name out) and saw a 4VBW on the showroom floor. I went to look at the price…..all I can say is wow. $119k for an $80k car. Dealers have the right to charge what they want…Cadillac can’t stop them….I get that. There is an argument that it elevates the brand…I think that’s a short term view though…I think it devalues the brand as it makes dealers look greedy and that they care mainly about $’s and not the long term value of the relationship with the consumer. Exactly why I didn’t buy my second V from this dealership. Thought I would share
D85C86FB-7EE1-4A35-8B6B-63E33AD90DB1.jpeg

Wow, free recycling and that stuff has almost no value. We almost have to know what is in the mystery northwest pkg.

Ok, I was visiting a dealer in the PNW (I’ll leave their name out) and saw a 4VBW on the showroom floor. I went to look at the price…..all I can say is wow. $119k for an $80k car. Dealers have the right to charge what they want…

That same dealer is who I bought my XT5 through and also who I ordered my Blackwing from.

I was very up front with them that I would not pay for their extras. Their window sticker for the XT5 was just as ludicrous, I paid about half what they had it listed at. For the Blackwing I said I want it delivered straight from the factory, untouched, at MSRP. They agreed.

Unfortunately the other Cadillac dealer in the immediate area is kinda garbage. They didn't even know what the Blackwing was when I came in. I talked to 2 salespeople there, both clueless.

[Edit]
The Bellevue Package is NOT optional. Forewarning to those of you who see this. I did not get MSRP out the door.

Last edited:
Calling around to volume dealers to see where they are at as far as waitlisted customers Called gold coast in nj and the guy i spoke to told me they are the largest caddy dealer on the east coast. They had one order within the first 250 and they have seven in on the waitlist awaiting allocations. I asked him if they are at msrp , his response , no we are selling at $20k above msrp, thats what they would bring at auction….. lmao Guess the folks in the northeast have money to burn
I have an order in at Crown Cadillac at MSRP, knowing they are a fairly small dealer and I might be waiting a while, and I am not in a particular rush to get one, but hoping for late spring '22. Been sitting at 1100 since early August, I figured I might call around. Tried Gold Coast since they are one of the largest on the east coast and under an hour from me. They are making no commitment at all on price - taking orders to be "market based" on delivery, so kind of pointless to place an order there unless speed is everything and price is no object.

I know Pepe Cadillac in White Plains NY is charging 10k over.
Tomorrow I'll give my nearby dealers, Mahwah Cadillac and Grand Prize, a call to see what they are doing in regards to this. In case anyone in the North jersey are is wondering.

I'm at 3400 now with a TPW of 11/01 and my dealer emailed me today letting me know the update. We have not talked details on ADM since I placed the order in July. Would it be relatively safe to assume that I will not get bait and switched when I go to the dealership to take delivery? I also don't even want to ask and put the idea in the guys head. The salesman in particular is definitely an "old school" kind of guy that I feel would respect the craft enough to not pull a fast one on me. Not sure, maybe I'm being naive.

Other note: I put a 5k deposit down in July for it with an order receipt for the car listing the MSRP.

Last edited:
I know Pepe Cadillac in White Plains NY is charging 10k over.
Tomorrow I'll give my nearby dealers, Mahwah Cadillac and Grand Prize, a call to see what they are doing in regards to this. In case anyone in the North jersey are is wondering.
Brogan Cadillac in Totowa charged MSRP, they were easy to deal with.

Anyone who has put a deposit down on a bw at msrp, needs to get a invoice signed by a manager.
Anything less is foolish Imoa
Yea, it's not ideal. All I can really do now is sit and wait... Hopefully the deal goes off without a hitch.

Anyone who has put a deposit down on a bw at msrp, needs to get a invoice signed by a manager.
Anything less is foolish Imoa
Hey, not sure I understand what this is saying. Can you explain, Drozboyz?

Hey, not sure I understand what this is saying. Can you explain, Drozboyz?
I had them create am actual invoice for my 5 bw, with their letterhead. It includes base price, all the options, tax , etc… and then signed by a manager. I am purchasing from a great dealer out of my state

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back