Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Z06 Embargo lifted, any 2nd guessing?

jbawden

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 5BW 6M
Stupid ADM not withstanding, is anyone in the back of their mind thinking their $110k might have been misspent? Honestly, if the 6M wasn't option in the 5BW I would probably be wearing my white New Balance sneakers and Goodguys Nationals t-shirt over on the Vette forum obsessing about the Z06.

Nope. Two less doors and missing a paddle. I'll stick with CT5-BW.

I wouldn’t say misspent. I’ve driven mine daily for the past year and often tell people the 5BW manual is the best car I’ve ever owned. I’ve had vehicles that may have done one thing better, but nothing that does so many things so well. I usually don’t keep vehicles very long, but I would regret selling.

That being said, I do want a C8 Z06. I’ve owned a few vettes and planned on getting the new Z06, but the supply chain issues fueling even more ridiculous ADM numbers is wearing me out and I’ve lost interest in the short term. There are other options out there to cross shop the Z06, when considering no manual trans option. Even though the GT3 is incredibly hard to get and ADM is problematic, that’s what I have my sights set on currently. I’m not in a hurry. I’ve been on the list for a 992 touring and winged car for a year or so. I feel that I will have the opportunity to get an allocation for a 992, although it may not be until the .2 comes out and then the question will be what the market says about ADM. I’ll be buying to drive it and keep it long term. If the market cools considerably, I would consider the 991.2 manual as well If the opportunity to order does not materialize.

I don't. I have a 4BW instead of a 5BW because I already own a C7 Z06. An equivalently-equipped C8 Z06 looks to be an extra $30K to $40K MSRP higher than my Z06 without factoring in the wait and ADM. I don't want to spend that much money.

Not going to lie I’ve definitely been binging all the z06 media and am in love with the thing. 0-60 in 2.6?! For $100k? Gtfo. But honestly one of the main reasons I got the blackwing was to comfortably seat my entire family which will never happen in a z06. I’d sooner get a 911 with the rear seats. But it’s a fun car to love on. GM really hit it out of the park these last few years.

If its a a third vehicle in the household, then Z06 might have an upper hand. With 4 doors and lesser wait time (comparatively), 5BW might be a better option for me.

I'm very excited about the Z06 and am on the list for one - albeit I have no idea when my allocation will come up. However, if I had to choose between the Z06 and the 5BW I'd take the Blackwing. I love the manual transmission, the torque of the LT4, and the fact that I can take the family in it.

Not regretting, but definitely put my name on the list juuuuuust in case I lose interest (doubtful) in the 5BW when the Z06 allocation comes up in 2 or 3 years.

I would love to own another Corvette at some point but I have no interest in the C8 as long as it remains auto.
x100000000000000

Auto kills it for me

Even though the GT3 is incredibly hard to get and ADM is problematic, that’s what I have my sights set on currently. I’m not in a hurry. I’ve been on the list for a 992 touring and winged car for a year or so.
I haven't tried to play the Corvette allocation game but I'll say that I was able to get my Blackwing within months, with zero prior purchase history. I've owned 5 Porsches including CPO GT cars and the idea of being allocated a new touring is so absurd as to be laughable. A kindly dealer may tell me I'm on a list instead of straight up laughing, but I wouldn't receive that car until the heat death of the universe.

If GM can produce C8s at the rate they've done in the past, because it's brand is resistant to flexers and flippers, I'd say the chances of my next sports car being a C8 Z06 are pretty high. Manual aside, by all accounts the driving experience/emotion is on par with a GT3 and I'd rather be pigeonholed as a new balance wearer than a crypto bro.

I would not trade the blackwing for it though - love the manual and the flexibility the big four-door sedan format provides.

Last edited:
I haven't tried to play the Corvette allocation game but I'll say that I was able to get my Blackwing within months, with zero prior purchase history. I've owned 5 Porsches including CPO GT cars and the idea of being allocated a new touring is so absurd as to be laughable. A kindly dealer may tell me I'm on a list instead of straight up laughing, but I wouldn't receive that car until the heat death of the universe.

If GM can produce C7s at the rate they've done in the past, because it's brand is resistant to flexers and flippers, I'd say the chances of my next sports car being a C8 Z06 are pretty high. Manual aside, by all accounts the driving experience/emotion is on par with a GT3 and I'd rather be pigeonholed as a new balance wearer than a crypto bro.

I would not trade the blackwing for it though - love the manual and the flexibility the big four-door sedan format provides.
I don't have new GT3 money (mere GT4/GTS pleb) but I do like to look and oddly Redwood City has a Touring available, which I can only guess has such a massive ADM even the 30-something RSU crowd is balking. Otherwise I cannot see why they'd bother putting up a proper listing for a hard to get car, they hardly need leads.
Would love a Z06, but need 2 parking spaces first 😄 maybe in 5yrs or so. Would definitely not replace the 4BW though.

I love the new Z06, but to me having two cars with very different purposes works best.

I want my sports car to be light, agile, connected, manual, and alive - being the fastest thing on the planet isn't even desirable to me when it's just going to frustrate me and get me into trouble on twisty backroads. This is why I have a 1,950lbs Lotus Elise, which doesn't even have power steering.

With the single-purpose backroad carving taken care of, I want my daily to be comfortable, spacious, have the latest toys, be engaging to drive at any speed (read: manual), have a badass attitude while remaining subtly elegant, and be fast and loud enough to vanquish some of those pesky new EVs from the traffic lights. That's why I have a 5 BW on order. It's much like the E39 M5 I adored, but with everything dialed up a few notches.

While I'd love a Z06 and think it's an amazing accomplishment and value, unless I get a 3rd garage space (and more $$!) I don't think I'd want to replace either car with one. It's obviously not practical enough to daily with a young kid. And for the type of tight, twisty driving I enjoy, compared to the Lotus I don't know if something far bigger, 1,700lbs heavier, automatic, and frankly way too fast to truly stretch its legs and approach the limits of grip on the street would be any more fun.

I don't have new GT3 money (mere GT4/GTS pleb) but I do like to look and oddly Redwood City has a Touring available, which I can only guess has such a massive ADM even the 30-something RSU crowd is balking. Otherwise I cannot see why they'd bother putting up a proper listing for a hard to get car, they hardly need leads.
I went over to check out pricing on that GT3 and noticed they have a pre-owned GT3 with a price of $313,988! Is that really the market for these? I'm sure Z06 prices will be nutty for a spell, but nothing like that ^^^

I went over to check out pricing on that GT3 and noticed they have a pre-owned GT3 with a price of $313,988! Is that really the market for these? I'm sure Z06 prices will be nutty for a spell, but nothing like that ^^^
Ya it's bonkers ~$300k is the ballpark for used '22s. Used '19s are listed ~$200k. It's mental. It makes $100k something for a Z06 look like nothing.

I want a C8 Z06 and am #1 at a small dealer. No dice this year from what I've heard, maybe next. I won't be selling my 5BW six-speed for it though. Two special cars.

In the meantime, I'm getting a 992 GTS around the end of the year to tide me over on full sports car for track fun/weekend playing. I gave up trying to get a GT3, so "settled" on the GTS. I'm not crying too much as it's a missile in it's own right, though it'll never be a full GT3. I had a 991.2 GT3 and that was a special car. Wish I hadn't sold it to the dealer and basically got my money back after 13k miles, tons of a track time, and need new steel brakes/pads. But, I had the BW coming and didn't have garage space at the time....I'd rewind that decision if I could.

Completely different vehicles in my opinion, its like comparing a GT4RS to a CT5-V Blackwing, you probably aren't cross shopping the two, if you could get both you probably would but you probably know which one you wanted before you pulled the trigger on either based on your wants and needs (i.e. 4 doors vs 2, manual vs auto).

For me its the lack of a manual, the new Z06 is a great car but I need that 3rd pedal.

Not to mention if you thought the goat rodeo was bad the Z06 is going to be the king of rodeos.

Not going to lie I’ve definitely been binging all the z06 media and am in love with the thing. 0-60 in 2.6?! For $100k? Gtfo. But honestly one of the main reasons I got the blackwing was to comfortably seat my entire family which will never happen in a z06. I’d sooner get a 911 with the rear seats. But it’s a fun car to love on. GM really hit it out of the park these last few years.
A couple journalists and mags have already managed 2.2-2.3 0-60 times already in the Z07 equipped cars. Insanity

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back