Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Z06 Embargo lifted, any 2nd guessing?

A couple journalists and mags have already managed 2.2-2.3 0-60 times already in the Z07 equipped cars. Insanity
Driving Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

The Z06 is exactly the type of special I was looking for. Although it would be better in a manual I'm not complaining about DCT. I just hope the price doesn't get too high by the time my name is called. #23 at a dealer who expects to see 2-3 per year. With drop offs I'm hoping I'll see one in 2026 assuming it's still being made lol

I’m mid-500’s at Ciocca and am on the fence right now… my guess is my name will be called in 18-24 months so I may pickup a 5BW soon to hold me over. I suspect I'll like the Cadi too much to swap it out for the non-manual C8Z.

Stupid ADM not withstanding, is anyone in the back of their mind thinking their $110k might have been misspent? Honestly, if the 6M wasn't option in the 5BW I would probably be wearing my white New Balance sneakers and Goodguys Nationals t-shirt over on the Vette forum obsessing about the Z06.
I sold my C7 (Z51) and got a CT5 BW....just finished a 3000 mile drive to visit family and I can say the BW is a much more roadable car than the C7. I loved the C7 but find the BW easier to drive and just as much fun. Haven't been on a track with the BW yet but I did get a few rounds with the C7 and suspect the brakes on the BW will perform better.

I’m mid-500’s at Ciocca and am on the fence right now… my guess is my name will be called in 18-24 months so I may pickup a 5BW soon to hold me over. I suspect I'll like the Cadi too much to swap it out for the non-manual C8Z.

Still amazes me they go through so many orders there.

I sold my C7 (Z51) and got a CT5 BW....just finished a 3000 mile drive to visit family and I can say the BW is a much more roadable car than the C7. I loved the C7 but find the BW easier to drive and just as much fun. Haven't been on a track with the BW yet but I did get a few rounds with the C7 and suspect the brakes on the BW will perform better.

Agreed. I really am shocked at the over the road refinement, smoothness, and comfort of the 5BW. It is such a wolf in sheep's clothing. You have NO idea you have 668hp under foot at steady cruise around town or on the highway. But, drop a few gears, floor it, and the beast comes out.

Love this car after 14 months of ownership at 6,200 miles so far.

My C7 Z06 felt the same, you didn't need to use all the power because of all the torque down low. I will say the more comfort of the Caddy certainly comes from the magride 4.0.

I like my Z06 as a cruiser but its still a stiffer sports car, the Caddy toes the line between bruiser and cruiser while still being a riot.

Stupid ADM not withstanding, is anyone in the back of their mind thinking their $110k might have been misspent? Honestly, if the 6M wasn't option in the 5BW I would probably be wearing my white New Balance sneakers and Goodguys Nationals t-shirt over on the Vette forum obsessing about the Z06.
Nope. I see tons of C8s on the road every day - but hardly any 5BWs. Plus the 6MT is the clincher. Seats 4-5, super fast, super comfy, sounds amazing, handles fantastic - it just does everything so well. Love this car

Z06 is unobtanium. I’m on a list for an Eray instead….

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back