Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

World Challenge Road America

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
It's a double header weekend for Cadillac Racing at Road America.

They did a lot of practice runs yesterday with qualifying this morning and the first race this afternoon. The second race is Saturday morning.

World Challenge tries to "equalize" the cars between races by adding weight to the previous winner's cars and reducing weight on loser's cars. Looks like they succeeded for this weekend.
Both CTS V.R's were 9th and 10th fastest in practice yesterday and over a second off the pace of the leading Lambo.
We'll see how they stack up in qualifying later this morning.

Preliminary race 1: Andy finished 4th and Johnny finished 7th.

More to follow.

Wish I could have made it to Road America for this event today.
Late last night I saw a taped replay of the Detroit race that Johnny won for Cadillac Racing….made it even worse
to not be in Wisconsin with my Cadillac XLR friends.

Steve

I'm finally able to get back in here and post some results. Family issues kept me away all weekend.

Anyway, in Race 1 on Friday afternoon, Andy finished 4th behind the Audi of Skeen, the McLaren of Throne and the Porsche of Burgmeister.
Johnny finished 7th. Both Cadillacs lead for a while. Johnny lead 3 laps then something happened to him and he dropped back to 12. Andy took the lead and lead 11 laps before Skeen got past. Andy fell back to 4th on the next to last lap. Johnny drove his way back to 6th.

In Race 2, Johnny started 4th and got a good. He least lap 2 through 11 then Skeen got past him Andy started 8th and was in 4th by lap 2 then 3rd on lap 3. When Skeen made the move on Johnny, Andy got by Johnny also and that's they way they finished Race 2: Skeen, Andy and Johnny.

Johnny still leads the driver points with 868. Skeen moved up to second in points at 749. Andy is fourth in points at 726.

Cadillac leads the Manufacture points with Audi second and Ferrari in third.

Due to weather in Race 1, there was no qualifying, so they started based on points with Johnny starting first and Andy fourth. Johnny jumped the gun on the standing start and had to serve a penalty which dropped him to back of the pack. Andy took advantage of several minor crashes at the start to make his way to the lead, but couldn't hold off the Audi of Mike Skeen and eventually the McLaren and Porsche and had to settle for fourth. Johnny ran well considering the set back.

An fyi for followers of the World Challenge. They no longer add weight to the cars as an equalizer. They now restrict horsepower. Because of Cadillacs dominance at Detroit, they were down 50 horsepower to the rest of the field!

Sunday's race was a good one, with Johnny making a great move on the start. Unfortunately with the restricted HP they couldn't hold the lead. A caution midway through the race helped to cool the V Pirellis, but also bunched everyone back up. Johnny and Andy were able to hold onto 2nd and 3rd to add to their point totals and give them another podium finish!

I'm finally able to get back in here and post some results. Family issues kept me away all weekend.

Anyway, in Race 1 on Friday afternoon, Andy finished 4th behind the Audi of Skeen, the McLaren of Throne and the Porsche of Burgmeister.
Johnny finished 7th. Both Cadillacs lead for a while. Johnny lead 3 laps then something happened to him and he dropped back to 12. Andy took the lead and lead 11 laps before Skeen got past. Andy fell back to 4th on the next to last lap. Johnny drove his way back to 6th.

In Race 2, Johnny started 4th and got a good. He least lap 2 through 11 then Skeen got past him Andy started 8th and was in 4th by lap 2 then 3rd on lap 3. When Skeen made the move on Johnny, Andy got by Johnny also and that's they way they finished Race 2: Skeen, Andy and Johnny.

Johnny still leads the driver points with 868. Skeen moved up to second in points at 749. Andy is fourth in points at 726.

Cadillac leads the Manufacture points with Audi second and Ferrari in third.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back