Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

News: World Challenge at Houston

General news post.

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
Somehow I let this last race slip by without posting results. Excuses: I was working my second hobby that weekend (railroads) and I was on furlough (thank you Congress and all the "wonderful" politicians in DC).

Anyway, after getting my head back in the game, I checked the WC web site and I see that Johnny O is GT driving Champion. Remember, he was in second place in the driving standing after the previous race.

Well, Johnny O'Connell qualified second with Sofronas starting first. Andy Pilgrim started third. Instead of a standing start, the race started under caution due to a wet track and when it went green on the third lap, they were single file. Of course the Audis and Volvos are AWD and really started good and pulling away. Johnny O and Andy had their hands full just staying close. Volvos behind the CTS V.Rs managed to get around then and Johnny O fell back to fourth at one point.

As the track dried out, Sofronas' Audi lost the set up and started falling back. Andy, Sofronas and Rast got into it pretty hard and Sofronas cut down a tire and Andy got to do a drive through penalty.

Johnny got around the leading Volvo late and took the win. Guess the CTS V.R had a better dry track set up. Sofronas finished fifth and, even with the drive through penalty, Andy finished third.

Cadillac takes the Manufacturers Championship and Johnny O'Connell takes the GT drivers Championship.

See the full story here: O'Connell and Aschenbach Win at Houston, Claim Drivers' Championships

Btw, this race will be aired Oct 20th at 4PM EST on NBCSN. Ought to be fun to watch.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back