Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wisdom of the crowd 2020 CT5 V with 24K

SDCTVV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Looking for a CT5 V
Hello everyone. Newbie to the forum. I'm looking at this Evergreen Metallic CT5 V. I've always found forums to be the BEST source of knowledge on pre-owned vehicles, among other things.

$54K out the door. Seems comparable to market average.
Evergreen CT5 V non BW

It seems like it's pretty well optioned. So far in speaking with the dealer it seems to be in great shape. It's certified so will come with 5yr/unlimited bumper to bumper (as per the dealer). I really like the Evergreen Metallic, first one I've actually seen. It doesn't appear to have any PPF of any kind so I expect some light road rash. Compared to a quick market search it also seems reasonably priced before all doc fees.

The car is 400 miles away in NORCAL so trying to gather as much INFO as possible before committing. This would be a cash buy. I'm not looking for a BW 4 or 5 as I already have my high horse power fun car. This is for drive comfort. I'm 6'5'', 200lbs and commute 60 miles a day round trip.

Thoughts and opinions welcomed, in this case. lol

Last edited:
I own a 5BW with 2nd tier seats and am 6' 235lb and find the BW to be very comfortable. I would imagine the extra height would not prove to be an issue in a 5V with plenty of head room and ability to extend the seat for better leg support if so desired.

Welcome! I'm 6'4+" 225lbs and in my 5bw I find it very comfortable with (the 5bw) the mid range seats... but there seems to be a lot of differing opinions on which seats people prefer (some like the cushier lower level seats and some like the more supportive higher end seats... while others like the mid- range seats) . Plus I'm sure the regular V seats have differences when compared to the bw seats. I remember when I sat in a v a couple years back.

So i'd recommend that you check out a more local ct5-v (non-bw) with similar seats to the car you are looking at and then take that for a serious test drive before you drive 400 mi to buy a car that you're gonna be doing 60 miles back and forth to work 5d/week plus other daily driving.

P.S. I also look for seats that have the thigh support extensions (mine does) for my long ass legs

Hope this helps. Good luck

I do plan on getting in to a local one to check fit. I actually have seat spacers in one of my vehicles which helped with raising my legs up. I have no doubt this will be comfortable. For what it's worth I didn't mind the Recaros in my ZL1 and ZL1/1Le. I thought the side bolstering was a bit stiff but it kinda has to be.

I'm mainly looking for more INFO on common complaints on the 2020's if any. Is the V6 going to be so underwhelming that I'll be sad every time I drive it? Not looking for the power but I don't wan't it to be a drag either.

I scanned the forums and didn't see a lot of griping on the CT5 V which is good. Any fitment issues, specific items to ask the dealer about aside from the usual common sense items (maintenance, use history etc)?

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Newbie to the forum. I'm looking at this Evergreen Metallic CT5 V. I've always found forums to be the BEST source of knowledge on pre-owned vehicles, among other things.

Evergreen CT5 V non BW

It seems like it's pretty well optioned. So far in speaking with the dealer it seems to be in great shape. It's certified so will come with 5yr/unlimited bumper to bumper (as per the dealer). I really like the Evergreen Metallic, first one I've actually seen. It doesn't appear to have any PPF of any kind so I expect some light road rash. Compared to a quick market search it also seems reasonably priced before all doc fees.

The car is 400 miles away in NORCAL so trying to gather as much INFO as possible before committing. This would be a cash buy. I'm not looking for a BW 4 or 5 as I already have my high horse power fun car. This is for drive comfort. I'm 6'5'', 200lbs and commute 60 miles a day round trip.

Thoughts and opinions welcomed, in this case. lol
I'm 6'3" and 190, and find the base V seats very comfortable, with plenty of legroom.

I'm 5'11, 220 lbs. and have a ZL1 1LE. I can't speak to the regular V, but the BW base seats are comfortable for long trips but need more lateral support when pushed. Nothing like the ZLE seats, which are much more supportive.They're also very easy to get in and out of quickly.

Mid- level have more support and are a bit more narrow compared to the base. They are comfortable as well but might be a little less so if you're wide. The 20 minute massage is nice. Much less support than the ZLE.

I'm looking forward to trying the semi-Aniline seats.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back