Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Winter tire set up. Pilot Alpin PA4

CT5-V Model

Dreezy

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Orange Blaze CT5V BW Manual
What’s up team. Ended up with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4. Absolutely delighted with the performance thus far. They retain a lot of the sporting characteristics so still a lot of fun to drive. Performance in freezing temperatures and light snow (all we’ve had thus far) has been outstanding. Very confidence inspiring.

No direct match to stock so went with 265/35/19 in the front and 295/35/19 in rear.

Pic attached of what they look like installed. No issues with clearance at all.

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3149.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
Great choice. On my CT-4V BW I ended up with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4.

Tire Rack had 255/35R18 but no 265/35R18 and wouldn't order them for me.
My local Discount Tire went ahead and ordered the 265/35R18 directly from Michelin. Took about 5-6 days for all tires to arrive.

Be forewarned: one of the negative feedback bits of these tires is that they're noisy as hell on dry roads. Some may care, others may not.

Great choice. On my CT-4V BW I ended up with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4.

Tire Rack had 255/35R18 but no 265/35R18 and wouldn't order them for me.
My local Discount Tire went ahead and ordered the 265/35R18 directly from Michelin. Took about 5-6 days for all tires to arrive.
My local shop can't seem to find the rears anywhere. Their issue is that they don't see the tire when they search (by size). You wouldn't happen to have the Michelin stock # for the tire would you? They say if they had this they could order....much thanks in advance!

My local shop can't seem to find the rears anywhere. Their issue is that they don't see the tire when they search (by size). You wouldn't happen to have the Michelin stock # for the tire would you? They say if they had this they could order....much thanks in advance!
Michelin product number you need is 29830 - This is for the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 265/35R18

Just to confirm based on your profile you've got a CT4-V Blackwing so the rears GM recommends are 265/35R18.

Michelin's website ain't the best but here are the links I used to find the product number: Michelin's Product Page for the Pilot Alpin PA4
I found the product number on Costco's page, unfortunately they are now showing they are out of stock: Costco's Product Page for the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 265/35R18

I would also call Michelin directly to find out which retailers have stock or can order tires for you. Good luck!

Rock and Roll - thanks so much THeXBK! This should solve a major roadblock for me. The guys at my tire shop have been searching and I have called Cadillac parts folks, Discount Tire, and tried to get Michelin directly - all without getting anything. This should do it though (hopefully)...thanks again!

What’s up team. Ended up with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4. Absolutely delighted with the performance thus far. They retain a lot of the sporting characteristics so still a lot of fun to drive. Performance in freezing temperatures and light snow (all we’ve had thus far) has been outstanding. Very confidence inspiring.

No direct match to stock so went with 265/35/19 in the front and 295/35/19 in rear.

Pic attached of what they look like installed. No issues with clearance at all.
Nice!

What was the pricing on these? Would like to compare it to the Pirellis and Vredsteins...

Rock and Roll - thanks so much THeXBK! This should solve a major roadblock for me. The guys at my tire shop have been searching and I have called Cadillac parts folks, Discount Tire, and tried to get Michelin directly - all without getting anything. This should do it though (hopefully)...thanks again!
A square setup works perfectly fine if you can't track the staggered sizes down. I've been running 255/35R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires on all four corners for hundreds of miles now, and they've been great with no issues.

Edit: Worth noting these are 4BW sizes.

Loved these on my Camaro and charger! Running pirellis on my 5BW, pretty comparable IMO

My tire guy has sourced Pirelli Sottozeros if we can't source the Alpines. They seem a fine alternative (at least according to ratings I've seen). However he can't find Sottozero 3s for the front - only 2s (245/40?) - with 3s (255/35?) on the back...says there should be no problem with this. Doesn't seem ideal...but if I can't get the Alpines then I'll give it a try.

Not exactly sure the sizes he quoted me - but don't match stock setup. He felt maintaining the staggered setup was better then squared - mentioning traction control software and such belong affected. I've seen where many of you guys here and others elsewhere going with squared seemingly OK. I trust my tire guys though...track guys who really seem to know their tires.

I've long run Vredstein Wintrac Extremes on my cars with great results. Unfortunately unavailable in any sizes for the BW.

A square setup works perfectly fine if you can't track the staggered sizes down. I've been running 255/35R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires on all four corners for hundreds of miles now, and they've been great with no issues.

Edit: Worth noting these are 4BW sizes.
I may just go this way if I can't source the 265 or 275 rears.

Sottozeros: 295/30-19 & 255/40-19

Tire Rack doesn't have those. At least I wasn't able to find them in that size there. Where did you get them?

Tire Rack doesn't have those. At least I wasn't able to find them in that size there. Where did you get them?
Tire rack but I bought them late last summer. Performance winter tires in larger sizes sell out quick once snow starts to hit.

Tire rack but I bought them late last summer. Performance winter tires in larger sizes sell out quick once snow starts to hit.
They'd list them if they (still) carried them, even if they were out of stock. I'm guessing they don't carry them any longer. Likely discontinued; Pirelli's been cleaning house on a lot of the older Sottos and discontinuing them, it seems.

They'd list them if they (still) carried them, even if they were out of stock. I'm guessing they don't carry them any longer. Likely discontinued; Pirelli's been cleaning house on a lot of the older Sottos and discontinuing them, it seems.
They have the rears in stock but sadly no fronts - they have 255/45/19 but they will rub due to the higher aspect ratio

They have the rears in stock but sadly no fronts - they have 255/45/19 but they will rub due to the higher aspect ratio

Thanks. The more I struggle to find something adequate, the less interested I am in driving the car during the colder temps. I'll probably just park it until it warms up enough; I do have a big pickup to drive as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back