Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter rims/ tires

Mike Martz

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing Shadow Metallic Manual
I know there are a couple of old threads on this topic but they sort of drifted off topic. 😀
Anyway, I am at Tire Rack and they are scanning my 5BW. They believe they will have several options on rims/tires but it will be a couple of days before they have all of that figured out.
I will share more info as I get it.

I know there are a couple of old threads on this topic but they sort of drifted off topic. 😀
Anyway, I am at Tire Rack and they are scanning my 5BW. They believe they will have several options on rims/tires but it will be a couple of days before they have all of that figured out.
I will share more info as I get it.
Pet peeve/old man rant incoming :rolleyes::

Wheels. They have several options on wheels/tires. Unless I am mistaken and they are cutting the rim off of your wheel and replacing that. :D

Wheels. They have several options on wheels/tires. Unless I am mistaken and they are cutting the rim off of your wheel and replacing that. :D
YES! Please everyone call them "wheels"!
1659104254494.png

Wouldn't that be called a rim job?🤔 ... asking for a friend🤫

I posted my experience months ago including snow tires and wheels for the 5. It is in the main black wing forum somewhere

I got the scan done at Tire Rack and what they came back with are all 20" rim diameter wheels. I checked the diameter of the Michelin PS All Season 4 tires I want and in 20" diameter, they are within 1" of the stock diameters.
Like many of you, I prefer a smaller diameter wheel, particularly for winter and don't want to go up to a 20" but thought I would get your expert thoughts/opinions. There is a nice BBS combo I like!
Another post mentioned that Apex has 18" wheels available for the 4BW and I am going to check with them on the 5BW.
Another mentioned Aerolarri and I am going to check with them as well. I did track down jkg's posts from last winter and that is yet another option along with buying a set of stock wheels.
One advantage of the 20" wheels is that there seems to be more tire options.

I made it through the winter on the 19 inch wheels in the other posting. Yes the tires are less wide than normal especially in the rear but that’s actually desirable with snow tires. So I would give my combination a thumbs up for cost-effective, good looking, and very practical. If you think you’re actually going to hit snow. If you just want cool weather tires with no issue with snow, then don’t have to go to formal snow tires of course

I got the scan done at Tire Rack and what they came back with are all 20" rim diameter wheels. I checked the diameter of the Michelin PS All Season 4 tires I want and in 20" diameter, they are within 1" of the stock diameters.
Like many of you, I prefer a smaller diameter wheel, particularly for winter and don't want to go up to a 20" but thought I would get your expert thoughts/opinions. There is a nice BBS combo I like!
Another post mentioned that Apex has 18" wheels available for the 4BW and I am going to check with them on the 5BW.
Another mentioned Aerolarri and I am going to check with them as well. I did track down jkg's posts from last winter and that is yet another option along with buying a set of stock wheels.
One advantage of the 20" wheels is that there seems to be more tire options.
I went with @Terrance Sig - he can customize the wheels to be stock offsets. I originally was going to just get winter wheels, but instead relegated the stock ones to winter and have the signature wheels for summer duty. They're very light.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back