Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Windshield Rock Chip Info

Blackwing61

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 Cadillac CTS-V | 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
I’ve seen a few threads talking about windshield rock chips and figured I’d give this PSA. One of my buddies owns a decent size windshield replacement company and told me whenever you get a rock chip that needs to be repaired, put scotch tape over it until you can get it repaired. That will keep it from cracking and spreading. They can now fix pretty significantly sized chips, even those that have starred up to a certain size.

I have done the scotch tape trick and had big weather temp changes and it didn’t spread.

I’ve seen a few threads talking about windshield rock chips and figured I’d give this PSA. One of my buddies owns a decent size windshield replacement company and told me whenever you get a rock chip that needs to be repaired, put scotch tape over it until you can get it repaired. That will keep it from cracking and spreading. They can now fix pretty significantly sized chips, even those that have starred up to a certain size.

I have done the scotch tape trick and had big weather temp changes and it didn’t spread.

Nice tip, I didn't know that.

You can also easily repair chips and cracks yourself with a 10$ kit from walmart. Amazon has it for a few bucks more:

Takes you 10-15 minutes to get it done, and you can re-use it multiple times. Haven't had to replace a windshield from rock chips in many years now. I also never stay near/behind any kind of trucks or big vehicles that can really kick up some damage.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back