Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wheelspin = SDR card ejected

jumpmanjay

Seasoned Member
So this has happened about 5 times now. I goose the gas enough to where the wheels spin a bit, and the infotainment screen pops up a message saying the SDR card has been ejected. Anyone else have this?

So this has happened about 5 times now. I goose the gas enough to where the wheels spin a bit, and the infotainment screen pops up a message saying the SDR card has been ejected. Anyone else have this?
If it's the SD card slot in the trunk on the 5BW for me it's a no? No worries/error messages etc... so far, caught some guys picking at the car while on VACAY and the recorder caught it! I don't have the PDR option so I'm not sure if its the same slot for both or seperate, just have the surround camera record feature for valet type stuff on mine? Hmmm.....PS: Throttled it pretty good a few times, no issues?

Did the SD card ACTUALLY come out of the slot, or did the SVR just stop recognizing that there was a card in the slot? Either way, pretty bizarre. I guess some weird vibrations going on in the back of the car, orrrr something?

If it's the SD card slot in the trunk on the 5BW for me it's a no? No worries/error messages etc... so far, caught some guys picking at the car while on VACAY and the recorder caught it! I don't have the PDR option so I'm not sure if its the same slot for both or seperate, just have the surround camera record feature for valet type stuff on mine? Hmmm.....PS: Throttled it pretty good a few times, no issues?
Yeah, the one in the trunk.
Did the SD card ACTUALLY come out of the slot, or did the SVR just stop recognizing that there was a card in the slot? Either way, pretty bizarre. I guess some weird vibrations going on in the back of the car, orrrr something?
No, it didn't come out and wasn't loose when I checked it. The first time, I actually took it out and put it back in because I thought it might be loose. Definitely some weird vibration thing. I don't really care enough to have it checked out by the dealership, I just thought it was odd haha.

My wife got this message about a month or so back. She wasn't hammering on it. Just happened while she was driving ~30mph on perfectly level road. It happened just once. I checked the SD card when she got home and didn't seem anything was wrong. So I chalked it up to an anomaly at the time. But maybe there is something more to this.

That reminds me, I need to buy a pair of rears before I get started. Just passed 500 and want to try out the line lock.

That reminds me, I need to buy a pair of rears before I get started. Just passed 500 and want to try out the line lock.
Buy them sooner than later. I talked to tirerack and they are not currently producing tires for the 5BW. They still have some rears available, but no fronts. I put my name on a set of rears, and they will send them to me when the fronts are made.

Buy them sooner than later. I talked to tirerack and they are not currently producing tires for the 5BW. They still have some rears available, but no fronts. I put my name on a set of rears, and they will send them to me when the fronts are made.
Trying to interpret that. You’re saying Michelin is not producing the tires for the retail market only for GM? Are these the correct PNs, front 72274, rear 58841? Neither of these are listed at Tire Rack, I guess you had to call them?

Am I the only one who tried out the line lock and immediately felt my wallet get lighter?

It's a cool party trick, no doubt, but I did it once and I felt like "OK, every time I do this it costs me $75 worth of tires"

Trying to interpret that. You’re saying Michelin is not producing the tires for the retail market only for GM? Are these the correct PNs, front 72274, rear 58841? Neither of these are listed at Tire Rack, I guess you had to call them?
Tirerack does list the proper TPC spec tires for the 5BW. I ordered a set since the fronts are on backorder, and I wanted to be first in line when they came in. Tirerack then called me to give me the info on the backorder. Basically, Michelin produces these tires in big batches, not year round. He doesn't know when they will start the next batch. They currently have rears in stock, but they are not increasing thier inventory since the tire is not currently in production.

Hope that clears it up. I need to see if any Cadillac dealers can the fronts right now, as the dealers might have gotten healthy supplies early on, but I kinda doubt it.

I also wonder if Michelin purposely made more rears since they knew we wouldn't be able to keep our foot out of it, or it's just a coincidence that rears are still available.

Am I the only one who tried out the line lock and immediately felt my wallet get lighter?

It's a cool party trick, no doubt, but I did it once and I felt like "OK, every time I do this it costs me $75 worth of tires"
To get your monies worth, best to do it in the driveway of someone you don’t like. ;LOL

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back