Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Wheels Are On!

CT5-V Model

Terrance Speed

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CTS-V Blackwing
After getting this Blackwing I knew I would throw some wheels on it. I generally go for a maximum fitment setup to start, that way I know how to dial it back for anyone else that wants something less aggressive. I am one of the partners at Signature Wheel so it was difficult to decide what to start with. Figured I would choose colors that somewhat resembled my OEM wheels.
I quickly learned the Blackwing has some unique characteristics and limiting factors. Very glad I had my car to do development with so I could learn what those are. Real easy to run out of room under this car if you don't know the dimensions.
If any forum members are looking for wheels I will definitely hook you guys up proper. I can build everything in my repetior to work with this platform and should come in less than or equal to the OEM weight. Whether you want to reuse your OEM tires but a better fitment and more concavity, or step up to a 20"
Here are a couple of pictures I was able to grab in the shop briefly. Work has me traveling a bit so I wont have more for a few. These are 21" Signature Wheel SV304S

SV304S Blackwing-01.jpg
SV304S Blackwing-03.jpg
SV304S Blackwing-10.jpg
SV304S Blackwing-14.jpg
SV304S Blackwing-05.jpg

Wow. Looks amazing, super aggressive w the offset esp in the back. Did you take out the springs to check it won’t rub through the full range of motion?

Looks fantastic. Very nice!

So when you add these larger than OEM wheels?

How does it go to adjust the Speedometer?

It looks amazing on 21

How tall is the tire?

So when you add these larger than OEM wheels?

How does it go to adjust the Speedometer?

It looks amazing on 21

How tall is the tire?
You just get tires that are as close to the OEM tire outer diameter as possible.

@Terrance Sig

I like the wheels you guys design.

As you noted this setup is way too aggressive offset wise, and wheel diameter is probably 1" too big for this car ... I know some people like this look but to me it overwhelms the car because the wheels stand out so much, both figuratively and literally. And I'm all for concavity but not when you have to push the offsets out so much to achieve it.

Also, because bigger wheels always raise the ride height, you've compensated for that by oversizing the tire to fill the fender gap. This is a pretty sizable difference in setups:

Screen_Shot_2022-05-07_at_8.41.20_PM.png

It's a trick of the eye that makes it look ok without having to drop the suspension, but ocd eyes like mine notice that those tires are too beefy for that wheel. 21" wheels are what they are ... they are heavier than 19s and the ride will suffer. No one will track such a setup so it would look better with thinner profile tires and a proper drop.

The truth of the matter is that out of the factory, the 5BW is actually better than most cars in the market as far as fender gap and offsets. Every Audi or BMW I've had I ordered spacers before the car was delivered. This one is only a few mm off from flush at the front and back and the wheel gap is not offensive, so much so that I haven't ordered spacers for it.

TLDR, I'd love to see a set of 20s with fender flush offsets all around with 285/30/20 tires that closely match the oe diameter ... fwiw I think that would be the perfect setup for this car. The wheel size will be more proportional to the size of the vehicle and the stance would be correct.

Last edited:
@Terrance Sig

I like the wheels you guys design.

As you noted this setup is way too aggressive offset wise, and wheel diameter is probably 1" too big for this car ... I know some people like this look but to me it overwhelms the car because the wheels stand out so much, both figuratively and literally. And I'm all for concavity but not when you have to push the offsets out so much to achieve it.

Also, because bigger wheels always raise the ride height, you've compensated for that by oversizing the tire to fill the fender gap. This is a pretty sizable difference in setups:

Screen_Shot_2022-05-07_at_8.41.20_PM.png

It's a trick of the eye that makes it look ok without having to drop the suspension, but ocd eyes like mine notice that those tires are too beefy for that wheel. 21" wheels are what they are ... they are heavier than 19s and the ride will suffer. No one will track such a setup so it would look better with thinner profile tires and a proper drop.

The truth of the matter is that out of the factory, the 5BW is actually better than most cars in the market as far as fender gap and offsets. Every Audi or BMW I've had I ordered spacers before the car was delivered. This one is only a few mm off from flush at the front and back and the wheel gap is not offensive, so much so that I haven't ordered spacers for it.

TLDR, I'd love to see a set of 20s with fender flush offsets all around with 285/30/20 tires that closely match the oe diameter ... fwiw I think that would be the perfect setup for this car. The wheel size will be more proportional to the size of the vehicle and the stance would be correct.
They don’t even look that big….

I’m very surprised they fit so well based on how good the 19s look in size.

I agree that 20 is the way to go…

But in all honesty having to buy more tires lol

I think the key is getting lighter 19 inch wheels and keeping the OEM tires….

Specially if you got the lighter brakes.

Love all the questions and opinions. Wheel sizing and fitment is definitely going to come down to personal taste. The illustration here is to give you a point of reference and the confidence we can season things to your liking.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back