Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wheel weight on a CT5 BW?

Neveready

Seasoned Member
This has been asked before but no definitive answer, does anyone know what the weight of the wheels are for a 5BW?

Thanks

I have an extra front wheel literally lying around the house, so I used a normal scale that people use to weight themselves.

29 lbs.

I was surprised it was that much. It is far lighter than you expect when you see how big it is.

Wow! Thank you. Those are really heavy for a forged wheel, I don't think they can be forged at this weight. The apex wheels group buy are 19lbs for the front just for example.

I was mulling over getting New wheels and liked the tech wheels but was curious what they weigh. New forged wheels could end up saving 70 to 80 lbs of unsprung mass.

If you have CCBs that’s a big difference in unsprung weight as well.

I have an extra front wheel literally lying around the house, so I used a normal scale that people use to weight themselves.

29 lbs.

I was surprised it was that much. It is far lighter than you expect when you see how big it is.
Is that the bronze or regular style rim?

The bronze weigh more. Keep in mind if you start changing unsprung weight the magride won’t be as optimized. The programming is difference for instance if you have CCB vs steel

As an aside, the satin black wheels on the CT5 Blackwing are forged in case anyone is wondering. I assume the polished versions are too since they share the design. I can't speak for any of the other wheels, but I assume they are as well.

They are manufactured by Super Alloy Industries in Taiwan, a company that specializes in forged wheels as an OEM provider. They notably produce the forged wheels used by Stellantis vehicles such as Dodge Hellcats, etc.

The bronze weigh more. Keep in mind if you start changing unsprung weight the magride won’t be as optimized. The programming is difference for instance if you have CCB vs steel

Source for magride calibration difference?

Interested in knowing the weight of the Bronze wheels, I would assume they are very close in weight.

Keep in mind if you start changing unsprung weight the magride won’t be as optimized. The programming is difference for instance if you have CCB vs steel

You sure about that? It's unlike GM to change the programming of the magnaride given the changes in rotational unsprung weight. They do it for things like traction (rubber grip or aero), and what the car is tuned to do (track vs road). Look to the new C8 Z06 and note that when you option to the carbon fiber wheels, which are silly light, the MR programming does not change.

So unless one of the GM engineers said that, I suspect you may be mistaken. But I'm happy to be corrected.

The question came up at one of the Tech Q&A’s.

It was in relation to changing the CCBs to iron discs when tracking.

The response indicated that cars equipped with CCBs had a different calibration than non-ccb cars.

However the question was asked in regards to making the wheel assembly HEAVIER.

Putting a lighter wheel on a CCB car would only yield benefits, imho.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back