Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
After the initial problems with mine, it's been smooth sailing. Both my wife (it's her daily) & I really enjoy it. If I had 1 nit to pick, it would be with the door handles. They're unsightly! They don't fit in with the overall design of the car. Those of you who got the 5 BWs are lucky as they have nicely designed door handles.

Comments about the 4 BW's door handles? Agree or Disagree?

Other nits to pick or, perhaps larger issues that you don't like?

I currently drive a 2015 ats and laughed my ass off when I saw the same door handles on the 4 but body color matched instead of mine that at least have a chrome insert. They somehow made it look worse than 7 years ago haha. Hopefully that's the biggest gripe you have with the car so far! Still waiting on mine to be built in a few weeks

After the initial problems with mine, it's been smooth sailing. Both my wife (it's her daily) & I really enjoy it. If I had 1 nit to pick, it would be with the door handles. They're unsightly! They don't fit in with the overall design of the car. Those of you who got the 5 BWs are lucky as they have nicely designed door handles.

My only complaint is my speaker system rattles... I'm waiting to get it fixed when dealers are a bit more knowledgeable about the car.

Took it to my dealer to get an oil change, had to show them the manual because their computer system wasn't upgraded yet to tell them how many qts of oil were needed. I know that the towel shimmy is a method of the past, but I still don't think they are quite ready to remove interior door panels quite yet.

This is very much just my OCD, but its one thing that I can't 'un-see' after noticing it.

Also, I guess a bit of a warning for anyone that also has OCD, maybe stop reading and click 'back' right now because remaining blissfully unaware of this is likely for the better.

Buuuuuuut...

[Seriously, you may want to click 'back'...]

Has anyone noticed that the clicking from the blinker, the green turn signal arrow in the gauge cluster, and the actual turn signal lamp all actuate at different frequencies/tempos?

Just from a test drive of the 4BW 6-speed: The clutch pedal travel was way too long for how high the engagement point was. Can someone enlighten me on the purpose of this, and if a clutch stop is viable to be installed in the future?

This is very much just my OCD, but its one thing that I can't 'un-see' after noticing it.

Also, I guess a bit of a warning for anyone that also has OCD, maybe stop reading and click 'back' right now because remaining blissfully unaware of this is likely for the better.

Buuuuuuut...

Has anyone noticed that the clicking from the blinker, the green turn signal arrow in the gauge cluster, and the actual turn signal lamp all actuate at different frequencies/tempos?
Damn you, I can only hope that I forget that I ever read this before I drive the car again on Saturday. :wtcslap
:)

Buuuuuuut...

If you keep it on long enough, do they eventually synchronize for a few clicks, so you can feel better? :D

Door handles. Why can't more manufactures go back to the Beretta style door handles in the pillars? Best door handles by far right now are the new Lincoln Continental's...very well integrated.

Door handles. Why can't more manufactures go back to the Beretta style door handles in the pillars? Best door handles by far right now are the new Lincoln Continental's...very well integrated.
That's been dead for about 2yrs, but yeah. The best thing about that car was the door handles. It was a gussied up Fusion platform. The proportions killed it. Park it next to a CT6 which allows for proper luxury car proportions thanks to the unibody architecture of RWD vs FWD.

Mediocre backup cam compared to the regular CT5V (grainy), no damn rear view mirror cam (my Camaro and 5V had it and they were much cheaper cars (total BS move on an 80k car), heated steering wheel is not as good as the 5V or Camaro, steering weight is not very heavy which is odd. My ATS V steering weight wasn’t heavy either which I didn’t like.

And oddly enough…the race seats are hard as a freakin rock! Anyone else experience that? I’ve had it two days and the seats are uncomfortable as all hell but look amazing.

Mediocre backup cam compared to the regular CT5V (grainy), no damn rear view mirror cam (my Camaro and 5V had it and they were much cheaper cars (total BS move on an 80k car), heated steering wheel is not as good as the 5V or Camaro, steering weight is not very heavy which is odd. My ATS V steering weight wasn’t heavy either which I didn’t like.

And oddly enough…the race seats are hard as a freakin rock! Anyone else experience that? I’ve had it two days and the seats are uncomfortable as all hell but look amazing.
I do miss the rear view mirror in my 4 A LOT, and the 360 camera! I don't have a problem with the seats because my butt has a lot of cushion, lol.....

I do miss the rear view mirror in my 4 A LOT, and the 360 camera! I don't have a problem with the seats because my butt has a lot of cushion, lol.....
How does the regular 5V have better features at 60k than an 82k 4BW??? I’m honestly dumbfounded here lol

Man, you have been complaining an insane amount about your car since you got it. If you are that unhappy, maybe consider other options

Man, you have been complaining an insane amount about your car since you got it. If you are that unhappy, maybe consider other options
Reminds me of the years I had with the GT350. Hooooboy did I have some god damn patience with that car. I told myself before I bought the car: "It's 50k for an amazing car. Most of that money went into the drivetrain. There's going to be many faults"

Damned if I wasn't right, because everything in this life has a price. I tempered my expectations going into that car, and though it did spend about 3 months total in the shop through the 5 years, I still miss that damn car so much. At the end of the day, it was the same build quality as a $25k Ecoboost mustang, with a Ferrari-style motor. I knew there would be compromises. Came in for unexpected service so much, the service advisor became my friend, gave me his personal number and all too. I was always courteous and respected his time. He might've thought I was a damn monk with that car and it's troubles.

This car is at least $10-15k cheaper than the competition, there's going to be compromises. I think we should temper our expectations a bit and just be grateful GM is giving us such a last hurrah for the old ICE.

I’ve had it for a day and a half. Some things are off on this car. Stop being dramatic. If you don’t want to read my “insane” complaining then move on 👌🏼

Reminds me of the years I had with the GT350. Hooooboy did I have some god damn patience with that car. I told myself before I bought the car: "It's 50k for an amazing car. Most of that money went into the drivetrain. There's going to be many faults"

Damned if I wasn't right, because everything in this life has a price. I tempered my expectations going into that car, and though it did spend about 3 months total in the shop through the 5 years, I still miss that damn car so much. At the end of the day, it was the same build quality as a $25k Ecoboost mustang, with a Ferrari-style motor. I knew there would be compromises. Came in for unexpected service so much, the service advisor became my friend, gave me his personal number and all too. I was always courteous and respected his time. He might've thought I was a damn monk with that car and it's troubles.

This car is at least $10-15k cheaper than the competition, there's going to be compromises. I think we should temper our expectations a bit and just be grateful GM is giving us such a last hurrah for the old ICE.
There should be no compromises going from a 63k car to an 82k car. From an options standpoint if a Camaro SS and a 5V have a rear view mirror can then why doesn’t a 4BW? It’s a little odd how they took it out in my opinion.

Now if we were comparing a BW to a M or AMG car then I would agree 100% with ya. But GM car to GM car, things shouldn’t come out when you move up the ladder lol 🤷🏻‍♂️. Just my opinion though. Not debating or being confrontational as I see what you are saying in your post

There should be no compromises going from a 63k car to an 82k car. From an options standpoint if a Camaro SS and a 5V have a rear view mirror can then why doesn’t a 4BW? It’s a little odd how they took it out in my opinion.

Now if we were comparing a BW to a M or AMG car then I would agree 100% with ya. But GM car to GM car, things shouldn’t come out when you move up the ladder lol 🤷🏻‍♂️. Just my opinion though. Not debating or being confrontational as I see what you are saying in your post
The Camaro has terrible visibility, which I would guess GM put it in more for safety then anything else.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back