Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

So many SS owners. Always had a soft spot for that car and the G8 GXP. It’s great hearing all of these stories! I found a great deal on a 4BW so I’m going to go for it. Just need to get my GT350 sold. I’d love to keep it and add the BW but it’s not in the budget. I’m also rebuilding an ‘80 Trans Am which is taking a lot to her than expected because my 350 keeps distracting me haha.

I sold my 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 to AutoLenders. I bought it brand new and sold it 3.5 years later with only 19,000 miles on her. I paid $43k for it and Auto Lenders actually paid me $40k for it !!! Paid for 40 % of my 5BW. Best deal I ever made on a used car. I later found it for sale at Fred Bean in Pennsylvania and they sold it for $44k. So they even made some money on it. I called it my "Pavement Princess". The only off-roading it did was going into my driveway!

Attachments

• IMG_20181009_151839613.jpg
    IMG_20181009_151839613.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
Wow, good for you! If I had every car I've owned, I'd be spending $35K a year just on storage. It's over 50. Yes, over 50 cars. The BW will be #64. I kid you not. I could have retired a long time ago had I not been so stupid. But what a ride!

I too had an SS, but that was 8 cars ago. It was really nice, but a little disappointing on power. That's also what the guy said who bought it from me.

That post from 668 was in reference to the G80 M3. I think those cars are a great compromise between street and track performance and comfort. Natch the big issue is that it is a compromise, which means something has to suffer somewhere. But I will add, despite the uncommunicative "wacky" steering and other common complaints, it really does shine on the track. But 99% of owners never make it there. And that's fine, no one needs to risk their $100K car and personal injury on a racetrack, but I always smile at the folks who complain about the squealing brakes, not really understanding why they make noise. Because race car. LOL

It's really interesting to me, the BimmerFan, how many former BMW owners are in this thread.
Yeah...I know the SS is light on power and that's fine! It has one of the best already in place platforms for unrestricted power add ons. Can most likely slaughter a CT5BW with few g's and come in 40k+ cheaper than BW. What a proposition!

Want to buy one?
Keep thinking of selling mine to purchase a 5BW, seeing that the ordering is worse than an ss and my ZL1 was debating on selling and just waiting for a close spec not spoken for to come up nation wide and pouncing
Don't worry your not missing much other than the best damn Saloon I have ever driven! How many miles on SS and what year?

I shopped for a manual SS and a C6 427 (basically ragtop Z06) when considering a Blackwing.

The fact that both of those old, worn-out cars still cost as much as they did new a decade ago, and together cost as much as the do-it-all Blackwing, made the decision easier. I rationalized the cost many other ways too.

It was only a tiny bit cheaper than my first house. so I felt compelled to rationalize. :)

I shopped for a manual SS and a C6 427 (basically ragtop Z06) when considering a Blackwing.

The fact that both of those old, worn-out cars still cost as much as they did new a decade ago, and together cost as much as the do-it-all Blackwing, made the decision easier. I rationalized the cost many other ways too.

It was only a tiny bit cheaper than my first house. so I felt compelled to rationalize. :)
I hear ya...When I started I wanted the C6 Z06 too. Apparently everybody else did too and then the prices just skyrocketed on those while I waited inline for BW. Sad state of affairs I am in because now I want something to wrench on and can't...arghh never satisfied like a woman!

2020 Lexus GS-F for my 22 5BW

Attachments

• IMG_20220322_121023_482.jpg
    IMG_20220322_121023_482.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
  • 20230226_174507.jpg
    13.6 MB · Views: 54
2023 BMW M440 xDrive Convertible. Needed a few more ponies, no 130 mph limiter, and a little more accessible back seaat.

I traded a 2018 Shelby GT350 for my 2023 CT4-V Blackwing. The only thing I really miss is the exhaust note of the flat plane crank V8. But other than that, I absolutely love my Blackwing. The GT350 got much more attention and it’s a more special car at the end of the day in my opinion but the Blackwing is truly an amazing drivers car and it’s nice flying under the radar. No regrets, I’m loving this thing.

Said goodbye to my M2 Competition (in background).

Wanted 4 doors, adaptive suspension, and a better manual. The stick in the M2 was "meh". Being forced to use Rev-matching all the time was annoying, too. Also no android auto was killing me, lol.

I will say I miss the M2's color, and the body lines. No denying that car was a BEAUT.

But overall, I'm much much happier with my Blackwing.

Just trying to decide on what color to wrap... 💙, 💚, or 💜 🤔

Attachments

• 20230701_102721.jpg
    20230701_102721.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
2013 Mustang GT and 2020 CT6 for my 4BW

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg