Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

I guess I’m a hoarder.

I still own every car I’ve ever owned. 1987 Supra Turbo (needs a lot of work now), 2002 C5 Z06, 2009 G37xs, 2022 X3M competition, 2022 CT5 V blackwing, 2023 Tesla Model Y long range.

My family traded in their first ever vehicle last year when my dad traded his 330k mile 2007 MDX for his new Tundra TRD pro. All the other cars in my family we drove until they were scrap.

Everyone on this forum says they are keeping the Blackwing forever because it’s so special and the last of its kind, but have their past automotive ownership history suggests otherwise. I’m probably actually keeping the Blackwing forever, because it’s a car, and I’m a car hoarder.
Haha, well I did sell my 57 Chevy that I owned for 50 years and an ATS PL to fund buying my CT5V. :)

I sold my 2014 SS to get the BW. I absolutely loved that car. At the time, I thought the only thing that I might grow to love more than the SS would be a Blackwing. And as it turned out, I was right! :giggle:

View attachment 21365

View attachment 21368
All these SS trades for BW? Man I want SS still should have bought it when I sat in it @ dealership! I still want want one with manual?

Sold our 86 560 SL 22000 miles all original
IMG_0013.jpeg
IMG_0010.jpeg
for stupid $, guy never came to see car sent trailer.

Long time lurker who was ready to pull the trigger on a 4BW this year until we decided to tack another $40k onto the cost of our kitchen renovation :ROFLMAO:. Currently driving a 2016 Focus ST but looking to get a Blackwing next year once the savings account replenishes a bit! I'll either keep the ST as a daily driver for Winter (Ohio here) or give it to my daughter when she gets her license.
Welcome to the forum!

Count me in the SS traders group (mine was '16 M6). Didn't think my vehicle fleet would ever get more satisfying than the day I brought this car home brand new from the local dealer. I think when Holden closed down, the orphan status started to wear on me (availability of repair parts). Then news of a next gen V with a manual started swirling and that is when I made the decision to sell during peak covid mania pricing. Got the same money I paid for it, so the ownership costs were low. Miss that car, but the BW is more than filling the void.
20211002_113836.jpg

I expected to trade my SS in for my BW5. Then winter was approaching and I still had no car or delivery ETA. Wound up trading the SS with 105k miles and 5 solid Chicago years of driving for 7,000 less I paid for a Jeep. Caddy delivered a couple months later and I traded a big ass check for my 5.

Traded a 2018 Audi S6. Great touring car with one of the best dual-clutch transmissions. Fast, comfortable and no soul. Had traded a 2016 S4 manual which I absolutely loved. Wish I had kept that one but don't miss the S6.
My 5BW is so much more engaging and in a different league as a track car.

IMG_0817.JPG

I have the 5BW and a 2014 Wrangler. Put more money in mods in the Jeep than I paid for it new. In Arizona to really see the scenery a Jeep is a must have. You really don’t need a 392 for off-roading. My Pentastar is a real dog on the street, but does just great in the rocks. At one point I thought about putting an LS and TR-4050 in, just so expensive.
I had zero intentions of ever seriously off roading the thing. That V8 sounds better in a Wrangler than any other Stellantis product. I loved the car because of how ridiculous a 392 is in a Wrangler. Its probably one of the most fun vehicles I've driven, I don't give a damn about how the V8 probably hurts the off road or overlanding capability, thats not what its about.

I had zero intentions of ever seriously off roading the thing. That V8 sounds better in a Wrangler than any other Stellantis product. I loved the car because of how ridiculous a 392 is in a Wrangler. It’s probably one of the most fun vehicles I've driven, I don't give a damn about how the V8 probably hurts the off road or overlanding capability, thats not what it’s about.
I get it, most that buy a Jeep never leave the pavement and are afraid of pinstripes. I never said a V8 hurt off-roading performance. They are great vehicles for that with some mods. The 392 price is just ridiculous. I paid $31K for mine new in 2014.

I get it, most that buy a Jeep never leave the pavement and are afraid of pinstripes. I never said a V8 hurt off-roading performance. They are great vehicles for that with some mods. The 392 price is just ridiculous. I paid $31K for mine new in 2014.
That price is nuts, you should see what it costs in Canada but god damn if cost wasn't a factor I think a 392 Wrangler would be highest sold enthusiast vehicle ever.

The V8 is definitely a bit pointless off road over the regular model but its like saying who needs a 5V Blackwing when I can get a CT5-V!

I did off roading in the Jeep but I certainly didn't do anything difficult, I'd love to but theres no hard trails near me but that V8 made that Jeep enjoyable just driving around town, it was so much fun and just raw stupidity like nothing I've experienced before. Its like an old school muscle car from the 60-80s except it just sits high.

Everyone should drive one and if I win the lottery I'm buying one immediately.

I'm curious what you didn't like about the BMW?
I have posted on it a few times. Basically, I found the driving experience extremely sterile and devoid of character. I actually liked the exterior (in the minority there, I know) and loved the interior. But driving the car was unexciting. Blistering fast in a straight line, but the car never made me smile while driving. The CT5-V 6MT Blackwing makes me smile every time I drive it.

I had zero intentions of ever seriously off roading the thing. That V8 sounds better in a Wrangler than any other Stellantis product. I loved the car because of how ridiculous a 392 is in a Wrangler. Its probably one of the most fun vehicles I've driven, I don't give a damn about how the V8 probably hurts the off road or overlanding capability, thats not what its about.
IMG_6170.JPEG

Wranglers are not made for pavement.

These SS's are killing me!
Want to buy one?
Keep thinking of selling mine to purchase a 5BW, seeing that the ordering is worse than an ss and my ZL1 was debating on selling and just waiting for a close spec not spoken for to come up nation wide and pouncing

I guess I’m a hoarder.

I still own every car I’ve ever owned.

Wow, good for you! If I had every car I've owned, I'd be spending $35K a year just on storage. It's over 50. Yes, over 50 cars. The BW will be #64. I kid you not. I could have retired a long time ago had I not been so stupid. But what a ride!

All these SS trades for BW? Man I want SS still should have bought it when I sat in it @ dealership! I still want want one with manual?

I too had an SS, but that was 8 cars ago. It was really nice, but a little disappointing on power. That's also what the guy said who bought it from me.

I have posted on it a few times. Basically, I found the driving experience extremely sterile and devoid of character. I actually liked the exterior (in the minority there, I know) and loved the interior. But driving the car was unexciting. Blistering fast in a straight line, but the car never made me smile while driving. The CT5-V 6MT Blackwing makes me smile every time I drive it.
That post from 668 was in reference to the G80 M3. I think those cars are a great compromise between street and track performance and comfort. Natch the big issue is that it is a compromise, which means something has to suffer somewhere. But I will add, despite the uncommunicative "wacky" steering and other common complaints, it really does shine on the track. But 99% of owners never make it there. And that's fine, no one needs to risk their $100K car and personal injury on a racetrack, but I always smile at the folks who complain about the squealing brakes, not really understanding why they make noise. Because race car. LOL

It's really interesting to me, the BimmerFan, how many former BMW owners are in this thread.

Wow, good for you! If I had every car I've owned, I'd be spending $35K a year just on storage. It's over 50. Yes, over 50 cars. The BW will be #64. I kid you not. I could have retired a long time ago had I not been so stupid. But what a ride!

I too had an SS, but that was 8 cars ago. It was really nice, but a little disappointing on power. That's also what the guy said who bought it from me.

That post from 668 was in reference to the G80 M3. I think those cars are a great compromise between street and track performance and comfort. Natch the big issue is that it is a compromise, which means something has to suffer somewhere. But I will add, despite the uncommunicative "wacky" steering and other common complaints, it really does shine on the track. But 99% of owners never make it there. And that's fine, no one needs to risk their $100K car and personal injury on a racetrack, but I always smile at the folks who complain about the squealing brakes, not really understanding why they make noise. Because race car. LOL

It's really interesting to me, the BimmerFan, how many former BMW owners are in this thread.
I have owned over 15 BMWs and my ATS-V and CT4 Blackwing are the two best cars I have ever had. It is all about the driving experience.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back