Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Was my engine made by a noob?

Seasoned Member
On the registry for CT5s there is a section for who made the engine. Seems like Stinson made the most engines.

Only one name there only made 1 engine. Caleb Dudley.

I just checked and mine is made by Kristie Montgomery, as far as I can tell all the others are made by men (cue jokes about the engine acting up every 28 days).

Anyone else got a motor made by Kristie? Any other people got motors made by people that don't have any other LT4s to their credit?

On the registry for CT5s there is a section for who made the engine. Seems like Stinson made the most engines.

I just checked and mine is made by Kristie Montgomery, as far as I can tell all the others are made by men (cue jokes about the engine acting up every 28 days).

Anyone else got a motor made by Kristie? Any other people got motors made by people that don't have any other LT4s to their credit?

Okay actually Latrice is probably a woman, I wasn't sure

I would much rather my engine was made on a lathe in Monza by Giovanni Aryton Senna Fangio but alas like everyone else's it was probably made to a very exacting spec using precise instructions, premanufactured parts, a little automation, and a senior qualified person who has plenty of prior experience :LOL:

Mine was made by Dominique FWIW and I'm not sure that women are any less qualified to build engines than guys? I mean, I'm a dude, and I would not trust myself to build my own engine.

I would much rather my engine was made on a lathe in Monza by Giovanni Aryton Senna Fangio but alas like everyone else's it was probably made to a very exacting spec using precise instructions, premanufactured parts, a little automation, and a senior qualified person who has plenty of prior experience :LOL:

Mine was made by Dominique FWIW and I'm not sure that women are any less qualified to build engines than guys? I mean, I'm a dude, and I would not trust myself to build my own engine.

I think GM had a program where you could build your own engine. I'd be down for that actually if that program was still available, would be an interesting experience and make the car more special to the owner.

Downside is when it blows up you can only blame yourself.

In the olden days you'd want an orphan to do it - those little guys are fierce go-getters.
Nowadays you don't want a Friday afternoon or Monday morning build :LOL:

Isn't that info only because people posted who did build their engine? If so it makes sense the numbers won't be accurate, otherwise the total would match the number of cars in the registry.

I wouldn't worry about who made the engine, all the parts are scanned and measured by a computer, the tech just puts everything in and the computer verifies the specs at every step. Its basically idiot proof. Otherwise they wouldn't have had an engine build option on the C7 Z06 where you would build your engine and still offer a warranty.

In my experience, women working in jobs that are traditionally held by men are frequently doing a better job than their male co-workers. I hope my engine was built by a woman.
Agreed. I work in an industry where all of the fine detail, precision work is 95% completed by a female workforce.

I think GM had a program where you could build your own engine. I'd be down for that actually if that program was still available, would be an interesting experience and make the car more special to the owner.

They brought that program back for the C8 Z06. You can select to build the LT6.

Isn't that info only because people posted who did build their engine? If so it makes sense the numbers won't be accurate, otherwise the total would match the number of cars in the registry.

I wouldn't worry about who made the engine, all the parts are scanned and measured by a computer, the tech just puts everything in and the computer verifies the specs at every step. Its basically idiot proof. Otherwise they wouldn't have had an engine build option on the C7 Z06 where you would build your engine and still offer a warranty.
Be careful using the term “idiot proof“ these days. It seems there is a whole new generation of super, inconceivably ignorant, idiots out there willing to defy previously idiot proof mechanical procedures. Just last week went to Firestone for track alignment as everyone on here endorsed their lifetime alignment plan. First, they refused to sell me the lifetime plan stating my car was too sophisticated for them to align it a few times per year. Okay, whatever, I was there already so told them to do the track settings and I’d go elsewhere for reg street settings later. Two hours later it’s finally done but they didn’t do any camber adjustments in the front at all because their Hunter alignment instructions weren’t updated for a 2022 Cadillac. Needless to say, I did it myself with digital level, carpenter square, and tape measure.

Similar “idiot proof“ story about differential fluid from @strohw a few days ago where he scheduled an appointment at a Cadillac dealer for a flush for upcoming track day. When he returned to pick it up, he was told his car doesn’t have a front differential. WTF

These so called mechanics/technicians do this stuff daily, and for a living. Scary!

If only ignorance was lethal🤔

Be careful using the term “idiot proof“ these days. It seems there is a whole new generation of super, inconceivably ignorant, idiots out there willing to defy previously idiot proof mechanical procedures. Just last week went to Firestone for track alignment as everyone on here endorsed their lifetime alignment plan. First, they refused to sell me the lifetime plan stating my car was too sophisticated for them to align it a few times per year. Okay, whatever, I was there already so told them to do the track settings and I’d go elsewhere for reg street settings later. Two hours later it’s finally done but they didn’t do any camber adjustments in the front at all because their Hunter alignment instructions weren’t updated for a 2022 Cadillac. Needless to say, I did it myself with digital level, carpenter square, and tape measure.

Similar “idiot proof“ story about differential fluid from @strohw a few days ago where he scheduled an appointment at a Cadillac dealer for a flush for upcoming track day. When he returned to pick it up, he was told his car doesn’t have a front differential. WTF

These so called mechanics/technicians do this stuff daily, and for a living. Scary!

If only ignorance was lethal🤔
This is funny and sad all in one.....
1657298084431.png

The did for a minute on the COPO Camaros I believe a few years back. Come in and get your hands on it before it's fully built. Now it's built and you can't find it? WTH?

Mine was built by Morgan Beachboard. So far so good. Could be a man, woman or other I guess.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back