Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V VIR Lap time with video

Cadillac CT4-V model

@poor-sha I've never been to VIR. Can you shed some light on this Vmax?
160 MPH is very stout. Most folks are a few MPH slower on the front straight than the back straight. In the Z06 I was typically around 150-155 and the C7 ZR1 I was closer to 160 MPH on the front straight. That is with lap times in the 1:55-1:57 range so if the 5BW can handle we should definitely break the 2 min barrier. I'm assuming that's the auto though which is going to be 3-5 MPH faster on the straights.

I will take the comparison to a C7 ZR1's velocity as very positive in the performance potential of the CT5-V BW!
Also take that as a comparison of relative driver skill :) If they did that this week with as hot as it is that is especially stout. A lot has to do with the run you get out of hogpen on to the front straight though.

I made a playlist of the GM C7 VIR videos on my channel. Looks like Jim Mero hit 170 MPH on the front straight in the ZR1 (auto) and 154 MPH in the Z06 (manual). GM tends to do this testing in like Feb or March though where there is a ton of cold air.

This makes me sad. Looks like they used Full Course for the media day but then they put the chicane in the middle of the back straight (known as Madison Ave). This means still no real lap times. Why Cadillac why!

1628012842601.png

It's not Cadillac, it's VIR.

You can blame us two wheel guys for that. We had a couple bad incidents braking into the top of 14 (one fatal) and now they put in the chicane to keep the top speeds down.

Sorry.

Ugh. Watching these videos and looking the PDR data and/or listening to their throttle inputs, it makes total sense why they're using the chicanes. Very amateur driving skill.

It's not Cadillac, it's VIR.

You can blame us two wheel guys for that. We had a couple bad incidents braking into the top of 14 (one fatal) and now they put in the chicane to keep the top speeds down.

Sorry.
I have never been to car track day at VIR where they use Madison Ave. I can believe it for motorcycles but most of the events I've seen there with motorcycles just use the North or South track.

Just saw this quote in the arstechnica article. Looks like there were some brake concerns and I bet that is why they put in the chicane.

"Cadillac asked the assembled press corps to brake early into turns 13 and 1, which could otherwise have generated similarly violent deceleration events."

Ugh. Watching these videos and looking the PDR data and/or listening to their throttle inputs, it makes total sense why they're using the chicanes. Very amateur driving skill.
Are you referring to the video in the fist post here?

I would imagine there's an inverse relationship between the number of "influencer" or "social media" auto journalists with average journalist driving skill.

The "brake concerns" were "these schmucks don't know how to brake properly."

Just saw this quote in the arstechnica article. Looks like there were some brake concerns and I bet that is why they put in the chicane.

"Cadillac asked the assembled press corps to brake early into turns 13 and 1, which could otherwise have generated similarly violent deceleration events."
DOT 3?

Yeah, the second video the guy was running South course, so he didn't have the chicanes.
Sounds like you're referring to the vids over in the "media dump" thread. The first video in this thread was a GM engineer and he was really wheeling that thing. Based on the brown grass and no leaves it was done over the Winter which is when GM likes to do their testing at VIR.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back