Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V VIR Lap time with video

Cadillac CT4-V model
a full 7 seconds faster than the ATS-V coupe and sedan....pretty impressive. still not faster than the 2:45:00 laid down by the ZL1 1LE though @CT4-V Blackwing....so the wifey will still be a bit slower than you hahahaha

a full 7 seconds faster than the ATS-V coupe and sedan....pretty impressive. still not faster than the 2:45:00 laid down by the ZL1 1LE though @CT4-V Blackwing....so the wifey will still be a bit slower than you hahahaha
The way the good lord intended. 😂

I just made a quick glance, but wouldn't that make it the fastest 4-door on the list?
That fastestlaps site seems to be totally cribbed from Car and Driver's Lightning lap. The AMG GT63 S has since done a 2:49.3, but it's $160k!

There is some debate as to how these times can be used - some argue that C&D's laps are 'journalist' times and not directly comparable to a racing or development driver that a manufacturer may put behind the wheel. I don't know enough myself to have an opinion.

Is there a reason why the latest information (mpg, course video) has only been released on the 4? Any thoughts?

That fastestlaps site seems to be totally cribbed from Car and Driver's Lightning lap. The AMG GT63 S has since done a 2:49.3, but it's $160k!

There is some debate as to how these times can be used - some argue that C&D's laps are 'journalist' times and not directly comparable to a racing or development driver that a manufacturer may put behind the wheel. I don't know enough myself to have an opinion.
There are so many variables. Driver just being one of them.

Is there a reason why the latest information (mpg, course video) has only been released on the 4? Any thoughts?
I’ve seen more info/articles for the 4 as well it seems. Hoping it’s for a good reason

Hoping we see some Full Course times too.

As far as Lightning Lap being "journalist drivers" I'll say that I think I'm pretty quick on VIR, although I only get to run the infield portion of the Grand Course about once a year and not many laps. However, I've never been able to get within 2-3 seconds of the Lightning Lap time stock for stock.

As far as Lightning Lap being "journalist drivers" I'll say that I think I'm pretty quick on VIR, although I only get to run the infield portion of the Grand Course about once a year and not many laps. However, I've never been able to get within 2-3 seconds of the Lightning Lap time stock for stock.
That's exactly the kind of insight that I don't have and makes forums like this worth reading - Thanks!

Car & Driver reported that Bill Wise was behind the wheel. Bill was also behind the wheel of the ZL1 1LE at The Ring in the now famous video. Dude can drive! Hence, @poor-sha 's comment above.

14 seconds quicker than the regular CT4-V which is to be expected.

@Mirza Grebovic it’s ok to brag, gloat and tell us that you told us so.
Lol I dont want to yet since the 5 times are not out. But yes the 4 can move and aside of Bill just driving them he also tuned them as the ride and handling engineer so you know the cars are for racers by racers as we always stated. Amazing talent all around and lots of team members key to these results on these cars and the times walk the talk. I look at the 4 as fast enough for a good driver to punch way above their and the cars weight which is why I love it. The underdog that ends all "well u got more of......" discussions.

Last edited:
Lol I dont want to yet since the 5 times are not out. But yes the 4 can move and aside of Bill just driving them he also tuned them as the ride and handling engineer so you know the cars are for racers by racers as we always stated. Amazing talent all around and lots of team members key to these results on these cars and the times walk the talk. I look at the 4 as fast enough for a good driver to punch way above their and the cars weight which is why I love it. The underdog that ends all "well u got more of......" discussions.
The SS 1LE guys are none too pleased that it beat their lap time.

Dear Mr. @Mirza Grebobic, when will you be releasing the 5’s lap time to us. You do know we are expecting it to come from you directly. And sooner than later. Can’t hurt to ask.

Like said before patience!! Lots of good stuff coming. I think a few of our folks are still mesmerized by that run and laptime and are froozen in disbelief in front of the screen not sure when they will gain consciousness...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back