Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

Help! V6 dipstick in 5.7 LS6 V8

Need help topic

1SlowV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2005 CTS-V
Hey guys, I checked my oil level tonight and I noticed that the oil level was in the middle of the threaded markings on the stick. The stick has 3 holes in the thread markings aswell, one at the top of the markings, middle and bottom.

I didnt think that was right so I checked the manual. Turns out there are two different dipsticks for the V6 and V8's. I have the one for the V6.

My car is a 2005 CTS-V 5.7 LS6

Has anyone else came about this at all?

Thanks for the help!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom