Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V-Mode Start-up

It's a fuse pull.

It sets a code, but does not trigger the Check Engine light.

Dustin is correct, even in Track mode, the valves are only fully open in certain conditions.

Pull the fuse and it's open all the time.

It's a fuse pull.

It sets a code, but does not trigger the Check Engine light.

Dustin is correct, even in Track mode, the valves are only fully open in certain conditions.

Pull the fuse and it's open all the time.
Is the fuse labeled as ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-09 14.20.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-09 14.20.01.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 206
In the BMW world this was referred to as the "golf tee mod". Pull the vacuum line and stick the tee in the end = valves wide open.

This was common on C6 Corvettes as well and companies like LG and mild to wild would sell little boxes that plugged in to the fuse slot and had a small remote. That would enable or disable the fuse.

On a manual, you can long press the start button without pressing the brake or clutch which will get you into accessory mode. You can then switch drive modes before starting the engine.

Not sure how or if this works with an auto?
Resurrecting an old thread, but this definitely doesn't work for me with my 2024 manual. Am I being stupid and missing something? No matter how many times I press or long press the start button I just get the message that I have to press the brake and clutch to start it.

Press and hold the start button for like 8 sec, car will initialize like its started without actually starting.

Press and hold the start button for like 8 sec, car will initialize like its started without actually starting.
I just checked again on my '22 manual and this is correct. With key in car and no pedals depressed, press and hold the start button - I got to about a 5 count, the car almost immediately says "Press brake and clutch to start", then after a few more seconds turns on into what used to be called accessory mode - the center screen turns on and you can then switch drive modes etc.

Without using the foot pedals, momentary press of start button gets you accessory mode.

Long press of start button gets you service mode where all systems are powered up.

Thanks. Looks like my definition of long press wasn’t long enough. Turns out you gotta loooooong press that button.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back