Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Update installation

This particular update wanted me to have the parking brake on. I usually don’t do that in my garage.

I have found that updates often fail when I am parked in the garage even with excellent WiFi connection. But leaving the car outside in the driveway for the update has never failed. Seems that some form of connectivity to GM cell/satellite network is required where weak or no signal will cause it to fail. At least in my experience.
I tried moving it out for that reason, but no joy. Not real worried about it ATM.

Did mine yesterday. The display said 15 minutes. When I started the download it said up to an hour. I think it only took 10 minutes. I haven't noticed anything different since the update.

I did mine yesterday after getting home, then went to start my car this morning and it popped a CEL for ESC Fail and Brake Assist Fail. Fml. Now I have to go to the stealership to get it looked at. I hate this OTA crap.

Try disconnecting the battery for 30m and clearing the codes.

Went away on it's own after a drive out to lunch and a drive home from work.

Weird. And still annoying that it's on such a hair trigger... I wonder what in the software would have caused it?

I'm aware of one update for the 22 5BW by DIC. Are there more, than one updates? This update asks for acknowledgement of the update before install...

Me neither...updated successfully but I haven't noticed a difference
Dealer ended up doing mine, since it failed multiple times for me. The only thing I noticed so far is that it asks for a confirmation when changing the exhaust sound in My or V Mode. It didn't ask for any confirmation on any other parameters I tried. Curious.

Just updated my 4BW. I did notice it set me back to Tour Mode instead of MyMode and the HVAC was reverted to default settings when it completed.

The mobile app and recall website did update right away though. Just waiting on the parking sensor module and hopefully that will be my first and last trip to the dealer. ;)

Are there no "patch notes" publicly available for these OTA updates?

I don't care if it "makes things better" I want to know what's being tweaked.

Are there no "patch notes" publicly available for these OTA updates?

I don't care if it "makes things better" I want to know what's being tweaked.
Totally agree but the GM release notes in the app and online are very light. Supposedly, this one only addresses the DRL recall but I am sure there are other things that are undocumented. Not quite like Tesla yet where you can find the full release notes in the app, in the car and online with much more detail. Hopefully they can get to this level at some point.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 2.52.54 PM.png

IMG_0714.PNG

Last edited:
I still can't get system updates (recall actually) on my car now. Like shbox it says conditions aren't right for it or some nonsense. It has updated in the past, 10/5/22. Ironically, that update was to allow the vehicle to continue to get over-the-air updates. It does claim it's up to date, but the recall I guess isn't considered an update. I suppose I'll have to take it in too.

I still can't get system updates (recall actually) on my car now. Like shbox it says conditions aren't right for it or some nonsense. It has updated in the past, 10/5/22. Ironically, that update was to allow the vehicle to continue to get over-the-air updates. It does claim it's up to date, but the recall I guess isn't considered an update. I suppose I'll have to take it in too.
If I get another rejection on a later update, I might try these instructions I saved from somewhere on the 'net. It doesn't seem harmful even if it does not work. Perhaps you could see if it does anything for you?

"The steps below have worked for me when an update was unsuccessful, and the battery was at or near a full state of charge:

1) Start engine, put in DRIVE or REVERSE, set the parking brake, then place in PARK.
2) Leave engine running.
3) Hit the UPDATE box to begin update with engine RUNNING.
4) You will receive a message to shutdown engine and do that.
5) Update should then proceed successfully.

I'm just speculating here, but an engine start reboots a lot of systems in the BCM, and that may "prep" the car for a successful update. The procedure above worked for me last week when the first update try failed with the engine shutdown when I attempted the update. I also received the "try again the next time you place in PARK" message."

I received a the same message during last update. I had to go drive around for a bit and then it downloaded it. Not sure if it was looking at battery voltage levels or something else?

Procedure may have changed since I worked at GM but the simpler explanation used to be leave the car outside for 90 minutes (not in a garage) or just park it outside overnight to get updates over the air.

I pretty much tried it all scenarios. None of them seemed to work.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back