Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

True mirror to mirror width of the CT5 BW

Obp

Does anyone mind and measure the actual width of the CT5 BW, mirror to mirror? What‘s listed online says that this car is only about an inch wider than my VW Golf R and that seems hard to believe. (Where I plan to park, the garage door width is about 2” inches wider on both sides than my golf.)

tia

For the base CT5 (2021), Edmund's says:

Dimensions
Cargo Capacity, All Seats In Place 11.9 cu.ft.
Curb Weight 3,663 lbs.
Height 57.2 in.
Length 193.8 in.
Overall Width With Mirrors 80.3 in.
Overall Width Without Mirrors 74.1 in.
Wheel Base 116.0 in.

I'd guess that the BW is the same at the mirrors, at most they'd add a half-inch per side.

Also mirrors can be folded in with button on driver's door. Probably shaves about 3-4 inches off of that 80.3 inches with mirrors open.

I have mine set to fold when I park and lock it.....
Me too. Just parked it and realized that the mirrors fold in quite far, and when they do, the fenders become the widest part of the car. So I guess with the mirrors folded in, you're going to be at a width of 74 inches.

Also mirrors can be folded in with button on driver's door. Probably shaves about 3-4 inches off of that 80.3 inches with mirrors open.
Can you drive, forwards or reverse, at slow speed with the mirrors folded in? With the mirrors folded in, I would have room to spare clearing the garage opening.

Can you drive, forwards or reverse, at slow speed with the mirrors folded in? With the mirrors folded in, I would have room to spare clearing the garage opening.
Yes, I have done so accidentally a couple of times going forward at slow speed. Not sure about reverse but I would think so.

You can manually (meaning with a button) open and fold the mirrors, so I don't even know if there is a speed limit on it. I bet you could drive down the highway at 100mph with the mirrors folded.

You can manually (meaning with a button) open and fold the mirrors, so I don't even know if there is a speed limit on it. I bet you could drive down the highway at 100mph with the mirrors folded.
tracee ellis ross challenge GIF

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners