Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Track experience at Homestead Speedway - Miami

CT5-V Model

Megamike55

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing (on order)
Had a blast with my CT5 BW 6sp at the Homestead Speedway track event in Miami. It was the only Caddy out there and it was a beast!
View attachment CGC_6438.JPG
View attachment CGC_6123 (2).JPG
560c6cc2-7d57-46c1-b601-82b6a4d853eb.jpg

Fun! Did you do any track setup to the car, or show up and drive?

I just changed the brake fluid to Motul 600. I will get a set of stickier tires for next time - Cup 2 or something similar. That was the main issue I had where I couldn’t improve lap times.

Brakes are phenomenal! Amazing how long they held up before getting squishy in the last session. The only other thing I would want is an aero package - damn CF1&2 backorders!

I just changed the brake fluid to Motul 600. I will get a set of stickier tires for next time - Cup 2 or something similar. That was the main issue I had where I couldn’t improve lap times.

Brakes are phenomenal! Amazing how long they held up before getting squishy in the last session. The only other thing I would want is an aero package - damn CF1&2 backorders!
Come join us at Daytona on 4/20-21! We run the Rolex course. You'll have a chance to really stretch it out and see if you can hit 180+ at Start/Finish.

I'll also be at Sebring in May.

Come join us at Daytona on 4/20-21! We run the Rolex course. You'll have a chance to really stretch it out and see if you can hit 180+ at Start/Finish.

I'll also be at Sebring in May.
I’d love to but that’s my daughter’s 13 bday weekend and she has other plans 🤷‍♂️. Someday I’ll get to Daytona.

I’m planning Sebring June 10. In between I’ll be in Vegas for V-academy May 19-20

Looks like a good time!

I'd LOVE to do Daytona. I had the chance back in 2004 (?) with my Corvette and couldn't make it. I still regret it.

The brakes shouldn’t feel different as they are brake by wire. All feel is simulated through a solenoid. There’s no direct connection except in an emergency if the electric fails.

Get with Terrence Sig. in the mods forum he’s producing an exact OEM copy of the rear spoiler at a fraction of the price.

The brakes shouldn’t feel different as they are brake by wire. All feel is simulated through a solenoid. There’s no direct connection except in an emergency if the electric fails.

Get with Terrence Sig. in the mods forum he’s producing an exact OEM copy of the rear spoiler at a fraction of the price.
Correct there was no difference in the feel of the brakes with the Motul fluid - just used for high temps. It was just the first time I’d taken the BW out on the track, and could really appreciate the CCB.

Thank for the contact for the spoiler - I’ll check it out!

Correct there was no difference in the feel of the brakes with the Motul fluid - just used for high temps. It was just the first time I’d taken the BW out on the track, and could really appreciate the CCB.

Thank for the contact for the spoiler - I’ll check it out!
Just basically took it out of the box and tracked the car! Brake fluid and good to go! Cool videos! Looks like she just pulls' away on the straight's just fine! Is the next phase track alignment and that's it, CCB's do not need the brake cooling deflectors installed when tracking like the steel brakes? That looks like a blast!

Just basically took it out of the box and tracked the car! Brake fluid and good to go! Cool videos! Looks like she just pulls' away on the straight's just fine! Is the next phase track alignment and that's it, CCB's do not need the brake cooling deflectors installed when tracking like the steel brakes? That looks like a blast!
After 1500 miles it was straight to the track!! The CT5 BW was hard to catch on this track because it pulls so hard on the straights. On that last youtube vid there's a blue GT4 and an M2 CS following me through the course. The GT4 could never catch me but the M2 did after 6 or 7 laps. That car is just too good! There was a GT350 in my group that was fast too - you can see it in the second pic link up top.

The high temp brake fluid was probably not necessary with the CCB's but my deal did it no charge as long as I brought the fluid. By the way - having a good dealer is so important if you track under warranty. I had a couple things that needed to be fixed after racing (front park sensor, wheel well), and no questions asked. The service managers were just excited to what my videos!

AWESOME! Great feedback!!! Looks like a fantastic time out there and you pushed her a bit! What's cool to see is how she can actually cut thru turns pretty good for a bigger car! The 4BW is the "go cart on steroids'" or "the scalpel" on the track!!! That said, the 5BW can hold her own in and out of turns when you learn how to drive her! You are absolutely correct about there dealer response! We have heard a bit of everything on this site, good and bad dealer experience's! I'm good with my dealer, till they prove me wrong! Glad you enjoyed her the way she was born to be enjoyed! Im working on that! Stay safe!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back