Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

TPMS noob question

marfan

RiftGang
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
5BW
Finally sourced a second set of wheels and am going to swap over to summer wheels/tires, with the appropriate GM TPMS sensors installed.

The manual describes an "Auto Learn Function", but says nothing else other than that the vehicle must be stationary for 20 mins followed by driving for 10 min. Will the car find the new sensors automatically, or do I need a tool and 'secret menu' to learn them? If the latter, can you recommend the correct tool? Thanks in advance!

Finally sourced a second set of wheels and am going to swap over to summer wheels/tires, with the appropriate GM TPMS sensors installed.

The manual describes an "Auto Learn Function", but says nothing else other than that the vehicle must be stationary for 20 mins followed by driving for 10 min. Will the car find the new sensors automatically, or do I need a tool and 'secret menu' to learn them? If the latter, can you recommend the correct tool? Thanks in advance!
My 4BW found the new set of sensors on it’s own without any tools or menus. It did take a short drive for it to occur as I think the original sensors being in close proximity in garage could have been confusing things.

I know I had issues with mine when both sets of wheels with TPMS were on and near the car. I ended up having to have them programmed in, but my buddy runs a tire shop so it wasn't really an issue for me.

You'll need a TPMS trigger. And then put the car into TPMS learn mode.

For GM sensors.

To make learn mode active, navigate to the tire pressure screen, press and hold <select> until you hear the horn beep. Then you walk each corner (in the following order)...FL, RF, RR, LR. Horn will honk after each tire and double honk when all 4 are done.

I bought an ATEQ quickset x a while back, but not sure I'll even need to use it because of the learning function. I did see that in the manual, so I was curious as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back