Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

Product Review: Today's Drive: 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport

Product Review announcement

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Today's Drive: 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport

This new car is moving up to compete with the 5-series and the Mercedes-Benz E-class

Brendan McAleer / Contributing writer
Vancouver Courier
May 16, 2014 10:41 AM

attachment.php

"Some folks built like this. Some folks built like that. But the way I’m built, don’t you ever call me fat. ‘Cause I’m built for comfort, I ain’t built for speed. But I got everything, all a good girl might need.”

And that’s the old Cadillac, Willie Dixon slingin’ the twelve-bar blues, black paint, chrome and a cushy suspension floatin’ you on down the road to N’Awlins and the big muddy. A car? More like a paddleboat steamer with a big ol’ grille, I reckon.

It’s heady stuff but an image that faded away in the new dawn of a world-favouring agility and fuel-economy. No more land-yachts — luxury might still be big, but performance credentials are needed for true bragging rights. Mercedes-Benz had AMG. BMW had M. Cadillac had the Cimarron. Uh-oh.

Happily, as part of General Motors, Cadillac also had access to the brains behind some of the fastest machinery ever to come out of Detroit. They gave Cadillac the V-series, a badge which this latest new CTS mid-sized sedan wears proudly.

As I flick the shifter into manual mode and drop down a gear, Willie Dixon’s voice fades out on the satellite radio and the track changes.

It’s Jackie Brenston and a young Ike Turner hammering out “Rocket 88” at an uptempo speed.

That song, homage to an Oldsmobile V8 that once scorched up the highways, was based on a song called “Cadillac Boogie.” You heard the man, big Caddy.

Let’s boogie.

Full Story: Today's Drive: 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport - Driving - Vancouver Courier

Attachments

• 2014-cadillac-cts-v-sport.jpg
    2014-cadillac-cts-v-sport.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 935

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom