Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Tire failed at seam

CT5-V Model

turbotaz

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
5BW manual, formerly V Wagon
On a road trip 600 miles from home and the rear OEM tire started leaking from the sidewall. No obvious cause. 6k on the tire, no track days or burnouts. Defect? Anyone had success with a warranty claim?

To make matters worse can't get OEM tire for days so installing a regular PS4S just to get home. Ugh.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230826-145008.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230826-145008.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 69
Wow, that sucks. I've never seen a failure like that before without other obvious damage. What does it look like on the inside?

Odd, my front tires failed at around 22k miles because they completely separated at the seam. I had been regularly checking the tread face but couldn't see the inside seam. I did have a couple of track days though. After I had tires installed, had an alignment and found my toe was way off to the positive direction (which explains why during my last track session I experienced terminal understeer for the first time in an alpha platform car.)

I had a Michelin split there between the tread blocks on my CTS V2. Those were the super sports and I always wondered if it came from daily driving them during a very cold Winter.

Odd, my front tires failed at around 22k miles because they completely separated at the seam. I had been regularly checking the tread face but couldn't see the inside seam. I did have a couple of track days though. After I had tires installed, had an alignment and found my toe was way off to the positive direction (which explains why during my last track session I experienced terminal understeer for the first time in an alpha platform car.)

Interesting. I had the same separation issue with PS4S on my Lotus Evora at 12k miles. Only realized it when I went to replace them. They saw about 13 track days though.

I had a Michelin split there between the tread blocks on my CTS V2. Those were the super sports and I always wondered if it came from daily driving them during a very cold Winter.

Mine have never been driven in the cold as I have dedicated all seasons, but I do store them in an unheated garage. But this leak just started in August so don't think that would have anything to do with it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back