Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Time To Part Ways

CT5-V Model

jvp

Seasoned Member
I've been wresting with this for a couple of weeks and finally decided to make the move. There's an "interesting" opportunity for me to order a new 2024 Corvette Z06, which at the time of ordering the 5BW I just couldn't justify and/or afford properly. But life has changed in the significantly positive direction for me. I belong in a 2-seater not a 4-seater. I don't dislike anything about the 5BW, in fact I adore everything it stands for. And the 6-speed. And that raucous, grumbly engine. But I know I'll like the Corvette even more so I'm going to jump.

I did this same pattern back in 2009 when I got my second-gen CTS-V, trading in my C6Z06. It was a great car, but I overheated the diff in my very first track outing (after a friend of mine at HPVO even warned me that would happen), so I sold it privately and optioned up for a ZR1. I thought with my aging self maybe the new Caddy would appeal to me even more, specially since it is so capable on the track. But the 2-door just draws me.

It's posted in the For Sale section. If anyone's interested, ping me here on the forum and we can talk.

I did the same, the Z06 is just something else. The engine is a masterpiece.

I did the same, the Z06 is just something else. The engine is a masterpiece.
Isn't it the same LT4 as in the BW CT5?

OP, good luck with your sale.

I went for a ride in a Z51 C8 last month when I was at the track (in my C6) and it was an impressive car. I'm sure that the Z06 is even more impressive.

Congratulations on getting the Z06!

As the owner of the other American flat plane crank V8 (GT350R), I am very jealous of you getting a new Z06! As I have mentioned in other threads, I do wish the LT4 in the BW revved out with more gusto like the 5.2 Voodoo. Can you imagine a 5BW with the LT6 and Tremec?? Come on, Cadillac!

Congratulations on getting the Z06!

There's no order number as of yet, so hold the congrats please. But thank you.

As the owner of the other American flat plane crank V8 (GT350R), I am very jealous of you getting a new Z06! As I have mentioned in other threads, I do wish the LT4 in the BW revved out with more gusto like the 5.2 Voodoo. Can you imagine a 5BW with the LT6 and Tremec?? Come on, Cadillac!

I'm not going to lie: I prefer the low, grumbly, immediate torque of the small block over the LT6. I don't personally care that the LT4 doesn't rev past 6500RPMs; I've always enjoyed the previous Corvettes' power trains and the one in the 5BW. The gearing in the car works for it, just like it does in the previous Corvettes. This will be a new power train for me to get used to and learn how to wring out. But to be clear: I'd have been much happier with a charged small block in the car. ;-)

I predict that once you get used to the way that Z06 pulls to redline, you will be addicted. Low and mid range power is nice but the real excitement is with an engine that screams to the redline.

Of course, if you are still unhappy with the LT6, you can then trade the car towards the supposed twin turbo version in the new ZR1!

Of course, if you are still unhappy with the LT6, you can then trade the car towards the supposed twin turbo version in the new ZR1!

That one will be way out of my price range I'm quite sure.

I'm not going to lie: I prefer the low, grumbly, immediate torque of the small block over the LT6. I don't personally care that the LT4 doesn't rev past 6500RPMs
I could not agree more, and it is absolutely why I LOVE the LT4. And that lower revving high torque motor is perfectly suited for the 4 door sedan. I would not want my Blackwing any other way. High revving motors are much more suited to 2 door exotics.

LT6 is a shrieker! Enjoy! I'm holding out for the LT7 and enjoying the 5BW and my LT2 C8 Z51 for now. Of course, I'll believe I have a LT7 when it's sitting in the garage. :D

I get that a high-revving engine pulling to redline is great for the track but how useable is that for street driving? 460 ft-lb of torque at 6300 RPM is about the same as the LT2 in the Stingray. I have a C8 Stingray and I can tell you from experience that it's a quick car but no way will it make your butt pucker like the LT4 can in the ZL1 or BW.

What I love about the LT4 is all that torque at 3500-4000 RPM from a hit off the supercharger. Now that's useable on the street and will most definitely make your butt pucker.

So yes, revving to 8600 rpm is great where you can do it, but a hit off a supercharger at 4000 RPM is damn intoxicating in my opinion.

If you're not afraid to use the rev range, the LT6 is great on the street and the track. It won't have the low rpm hit, but it's every bit as fast as the 5BW if you rev it out. Launches are way better in the C8 too with available traction.

I love the LT4 in my 5BW and it's definitely the better engine for the Alpha II chassis in the 5BW versus the LT6. But the LT6 in the C8 chassis is awesome.

Best of both worlds may be the forced induction LT6 ala LT7 that should be announced officially in the near future going into the C8 ZR1. :drool:

Then, if they do a halo LT7 in a last-year CT5-V Blackwing, that would be incredibly epic and market prices/ADM would exceed $200k easy. :D

It's sold. EBay was the trick. I had someone talking to me about it 2-3 hours after posting it. I already have the order number for my Z06 so now I just wait for some... "VIP" stuff to happen. ;-)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back