Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Time to Add to the Fleet

twiget

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'19 Corvette Z06/Z07 202? BW inbound, maybe?
Hello from the Land of Enchantment. I've been wanting a sport sedan for awhile now, and in my head its always been its always been an E39 M5. Then Cadillac introduces the CT5-V Blackwing with the Z06's LT4, and of all things a 6-speed. I've got a '19 Z06 sitting in my garage now, what better stablemate than a Caddy with the heart of a Corvette?

Now I just need to find a Blackwing...

In the meantime, here's a few pics of my Z06.

_DSC7710 (2021_07_04 16_34_46 UTC).jpg

Eleven @ Front Sight-11 (2021_07_04 16_34_46 UTC).jpg

There is a YouTube video of a drag race between a new Corvette and a CT5V Blackwing. Two runs. Drivers switched for second run. Photo finish in both with CT5V (maybe) maybe by a nose. Great fun.

There is a YouTube video of a drag race between a new Corvette and a CT5V Blackwing. Two runs. Drivers switched for second run. Photo finish in both with CT5V (maybe) maybe by a nose. Great fun.
I saw that, it was a C8 vs. the BW, it was a fun video.

Well, I called 5 dealers today and I struck out at each one. The first one wouldn't take out of state orders, the second was happy to take my order, but I had to have a trade-in and finance through them. :boogie The other 3 took my info and promised to call if they got any allocations, but I'm not holding my breath.

Requiring a trade is a new one. I've had a few deals bust because I already had financing and refused to let them even try to finance me, pre-pandemic. I imagine those dealers are even more firm about it now

I ordered mine with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas. Other dealers have contacted me with 5 BWs available at $20,000 over MSRP. Sewell does not charge over MSRP.

For those who are interested, I found a list of the GM order codes. Google "GM Order codes".

I ordered mine with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas. Other dealers have contacted me with 5 BWs available at $20,000 over MSRP. Sewell does not charge over MSRP.

Thanks, I'll give them a call on Monday. Did you get your BW, or is it still on order?

Still on order. My GM order code is 3000 which means it's in the system. My sales lady at Sewell is Tatum Santine, a very nice lady. Very helpful. Tell her George recommend her. Sewell is a class operation and has a good reputation. I am not affiliated with Sewell in any way, other than as a client.

Still on order. My GM order code is 3000 which means it's in the system. My sales lady at Sewell is Tatum Santine, a very nice lady. Very helpful. Tell her George recommend her. Sewell is a class operation and has a good reputation. I am not affiliated with Sewell in any way, other than as a client.
Congrats on the BW5 moving forward. I was curious, when did you place your build?

I think the order was last October. I was told it would take a year. Now it looks like 9 months. Build week is 5/23/22. I will post information as I get it. With any luck, the Force will be with me.

9 months sounds crazy but your actually in a very good spot, hopefully you'll get your car delivered by summer.

In August I had an order in at a local dealer and he strung me along about the reality of his allocation. The last time I talked to him he recommended I move my order to another dealer.

I've got a group of friends out in Plano so I figured I'd go big and put an order in with Sewell. I'm looking forward to making a vacation out there when the car gets built, but Ive been at 1100 since Dec. Things fell apart that month and so many builds are sitting in the winter lot of doom. I would not want to be in that situation. That being said, I'm not gonna get my Shadow Metallic and my order will move to a 2023.

Welcome to the forum, there's a great group of people here and its been a great learning experience and reference point. 👍🏻

I had a similar situation with the dealer in my home town, 30 miles south of Dallas. When they finally accepted my order, they said it would be $5,000 over MSRP. I told the to .... well, I told them no, and called Sewell, in Dallas. The sales lady could not have been nicer. She is very helpful and it has been a pleasure to work with her. BTW. The local dealer lost their Cadillac franchise. Made me smile.

I expect a lot of dealers to get bought out or forced out once things go back to some kind of normalcy. After screwing customers for multiple years and with buyers having to wait for new cars I expect buyers will have some patience in the future rather than putting up with the shenanigans just because "local screwover has 90% of what I want"

Local dealer was dropped by Cadillac because, I was told, Cadillac wanted a separate showroom/building and required a very expensive machine to test electric cars. Dealer (also sells Chevrolet, Buick & GMC) said no. Cadillac said goodbye. Dealing with Sewell of Dallas has been a pleasure. No regrets, other than the hour drive to get to dealership for service.

That's Karma. All the Caddy dealers have to pay an upfront of $8 million to support the EVs. Many will have to cash in their chips.

Karma indeed. One of the reasons, I decided to get a Cadillac, instead of a Lexus, was the convenience of having a local dealer. As it has turned out, I will still have to drive (1 hour) to Dallas for dealer service anyway. Doesn't matter. I'm retired and am off all (insert time period here).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back