Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The Blackwings Build & Price Tool is Live!

You know, I've had bad luck with "custom wheels"so I stay with the OEM, but with that being said those are cool looking and would be so easy to clean...
I am disappointed the magnesium are not available. Even my type-r came with lighter forged wheels and it cost 40k less

I am disappointed the magnesium are not available. Even my type-r came with lighter forged wheels and it cost 40k less
These wheels are all forged aluminum on the Vs too.

Steve do you happen to know if they will limit the power and rpm until the vehicle passes the break in period.
No limit just a guide with the red line for first 500 miles.

Certainly going to show off your rotors and calipers.

So what does that mean? I thought I read that there would some sort of 500 mile limit...
I would assume that means the digital gauge has a very low redline, but no associated rev limiter; and at 500 miles on the odometer the redline moves up to the 'true' redline approximately where the rev limiter sits.

So what does that mean? I thought I read that there would some sort of 500 mile limit...
The red line is lowered to around 4000 rpm visually. But you can go past it. So its a guide for the first 500 miles. When you hit 500 it moves to the final. In addition, even after break in, its lowered sometimes to 5xxx or 6000 forgot exact until oil warms up a bit.

The red line is lowered to around 4000 rpm visually. But you can go past it. So its a guide for the first 500 miles. When you hit 500 it moves to the final. In addition, even after break in, its lowered sometimes to 5xxx or 6000 forgot exact until oil warms up a bit.
U know at times when adrenaline kicks in things can speed up very quickly.

Oooh this one is a stunner too. Seeing a lot of austin cool grey anybody go tan yet?
Looking un
These wheels are all forged aluminum on the Vs too.
Does any one know the prices and weight differences on the magnesium wheels. There is no longer a tan trim level for the ct5-v blackwing unless there is a error on the configuration build tool.

In addition, even after break in, its lowered sometimes to 5xxx or 6000 forgot exact until oil warms up a bit.
That's pretty slick!

Years ago, I was told to break in my motorcycle by keeping the RPM low in general like the manual says; but after warming it up, doing a couple smooth runs up to redline would help seat the rings and such. Not max-effort launches, just keep rolling on throttle.

Guess that's no longer the preferred solution. Or maybe since it was British so no one figured it'd last either way... ;)

I still see the tan as an option? There is no tan for the mid level interior in CT5, only comes in jet black and gray. That tan option is available on the CT4-V Blackwing.

Attachments

• D904766C-B33F-4659-B78D-D48E803E9BDE.png
    D904766C-B33F-4659-B78D-D48E803E9BDE.png
    399.9 KB · Views: 144

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace