Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Test drive?

lagisforeplay

I am looking to get a blackwing in 2024 but I would love the possibility to drive a BW4 and BW5 before deciding. Outside of the V-academy does anyone know anyone willing to do test drives? Was anyone able to test drive before purchasing?

Lol 😂 nope not us, dealer in Brooklyn NY had the car we wanted didn’t want to discuss test drive that’s the first thing he told me over phone! Went to see car and let me walk!

Lol 😂 nope not us, dealer in Brooklyn NY had the car we wanted didn’t want to discuss test drive that’s the first thing he told me over phone! Went to see car and let me walk!
That's the experience I am expecting from a dealer lol. Outside of hoping someone lists it on Turo, I think a test drive is a pipe dream.

I am looking to get a blackwing in 2024 but I would love the possibility to drive a BW4 and BW5 before deciding. Outside of the V-academy does anyone know anyone willing to do test drives? Was anyone able to test drive before purchasing?
Where are you located? I'd let you drive my 5BW.

I had a dealer let me drive an auto 4BW. Weird since they wanted $15k over sticker and it had 179 on the odometer before I took my drive. And it had a broken window already..

Anyways back to the point, try to find a used one. I'm sure they'll let you drive assuming you sound serious about it. Always fun playing the "I'll buy today" game just to make excuses when the offer comes out

Nope, haven't even sat in a CT5!

Bought (2) GT500's this way as well.

I was able to drive it. The dealership didn't let me on my first visit but afterwards they said "if what's standing between you and the purchase is a test drive then we would certainly let you try it." Knowing full well I was able to walk away after the test drive they let me do a drive while the salesman was in the driver's seat. In the end I bought the car since I was very happy with the test drive.

I had a V3 prior. I was able to drive mine before officially buying it. But I was sold on it right when I saw it.

Bought my 5BW without ever seeing one in person. Was not disappointed in any way. Actually, it was better than I imagined in many ways. Go for it!

Was driving a V3 when these went on sale. Knew it would be better, just didn't know by how much. It was a no-brainer to buy w/o test drive since the initial Collector Series sold out in 3 minutes. No regrets (well maybe a couple but that's about a couple of options I didn't select.)

I test drove my V1 before buying. Didn't test the V2 because like rdollie above I knew the next generation would be better than the last. I never got around to owning the V3 (partly life got in the way but also no manual).

I drove one on track before I ordered but it cost me $1500 Canadian Peso's! I also got to drive a C8 and a ZL1 1LE, they even gave me dinner!

Kidding aside, it will be difficult to get a test drive as you'd need to find a dealer with a used one who will be willing to let you take it for a spin, which might not be unreasonable if you have something nice to trade in. Otherwise you're out of luck, which is the general case these days.

Fortunately its a great car and unless you're picky I don't know what you'd dislike about a Blackwing to not want it after a test drive that you couldn't already find online.

Test drove my slightly-used matte green 4v BW and knew I had to have it / now it's in my garage and a keeper

Cadillac has had test drive events at various IMSA races this year and I was lucky enough to test drive the CT4V and CT5V Blackwings at the race in Sebring, FL earlier this year. It may be something to consider if you're interesting in attending one of the races in person next year (only the race at Road Atlanta remains this year). Bonus is you'll get to see the new Cadillac LMdh racecars in person. WeatherTech: 2023 Schedule | IMSA Cadillac V-LMDh Race Car | Cadillac Racing
20220319_092137.jpg
IMG_20220319_150033_688.jpg

Last edited:
I second the test drive a standard V car to see if you are happy with the ergos and space. If the standard V impresses you, as it did me, you'll have nothing but more of everything you like. JMHO

I test drove a CT4 -V. I figured that was as close as I was gonna get. It left a good impression.

I took a similar approach. I sat in a CT4 (too small for me--my opinion) and test drove a CT5-V (non-Blackwing) just to test the ergonomics. Really felt comfortable in it, so that was a factor in my decision. In particular, I felt that Cadillac had really improved the interior, especially getting rid of the shitty center stack (with capacitive touch and haptic feedback) that I've seen on some Cadillacs a few years ago and adding physical buttons/switches for common actions.

Interestingly, a Ford dealer let me test drive a Mustang Mach 1 (in the "fighter jet gray" with orange trim halo color). I was tempted but didn't buy it. In retrospect, I should have bought it and just re-sold it after enjoying it for a while since that was in April 2021.

Difficult to get much of an impression from a test drive anyway. The things one would get annoyed with generally happen over time or on very long road trips. Assuming your head doesn't rub on the roof right off the bat. I placed my order, then watched every YouTube video I could get my keyboard on, that was enough for me to understand what I had ordered.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners