Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Sunroof explosion.....WTF??

His machinist (an 80 year old guy) made a new "bearing cap" and they put in a different sized rear main seal . The engine buider just kept throwing a new rubber rear main seal at the problem instead of taking some time and trying to diagnose the reason for the leak. I'm not an engine guy and leave it to the experts to figure that stuff out.
Old school . I had been following ur progress on that eng. job. Always a good feeling to have closure .

Hey Guys and Gals...

I forgot - someone from Cadillac Customer Care called me last week and she asked me to email her copies of the labor and parts invoices to see what she could do (no promises).

I was travelling all week (I told her that) and just sent them off today.

I'll follow up if anyone is interested.

UPDATE!

Got a check from Cadillac!!!

COP2IQO.jpg

GM with all my dealings has stood by their products 1000x better than the others. I am not surprised by this in the least.
That's a pretty big endorsement, checks in the name of correcting a problem back to the owner are solid in my book.

You have experience, pls share! With the rest of us. Thank you!

GM will not shy away from good PR!

That's a pretty big endorsement, checks in the name of correcting a problem back to the owner are solid in my book.

You have experience, pls share! With the rest of us. Thank you!

GM will not shy away from good PR!
Take any vehicle back outside of warranty coverage on miles from Ford or Chrysler? GM has covered many things 100% on their end outside of mileage for known issues? I had 2008 malibu with that had unreal list of problems that had been addressed and it went on for pages with stupid crap from light bulbs, battery, radio, transmission reprograms 3-4qty times. What finally blew my gasket was the AC system having been worked on 3x times since new.

So I got loud dropped off car in middle of parking lot to make major fiasco with keys in it etc. Only to to get a phone call asking if that's my car etc. I said, "do not call me until that cars AC is fixed 100% guaranteed" I received papers with lifetime guarantee on whole AC system for as long as I own vehicle. Lucky for both of us I drove 125k without every having another AC problem! Car ended up being mechanically great never a problem but the working the bugs out in beginning were ridiculous.

Just another reason why I never buy a car with a sunroof. I do have a new Telluride that came with a sunroof. All of them come with one and sometimes 2. Tellurides have a history of new vehicles having the glass shatter. Its a $4000 replacement and they are backordered.
4 grand for the glass replacement? That is ridiculous.

4 grand for the glass replacement? That is ridiculous.
I don't believe they can just replace the glass on the Telluride. I think it comes as a complete unit in the metal frame. I just opened and closed mine yesterday a few times to lubricate the tracks.

Just a followup on my 67'Caddy convertible restoration. I bought 2 rear quarter window motors from OPGI.......crap ! They could barely lift the windows. I ended up spending bigger money on rebuilt factory motors that work very well. This week I had the car getting the quarter panels and doors re-sprayed , due to some minor paint issues and I had bought 2 new OPGI chrome door handles that they claim are "guaranteed" to fit. NOPE ! No Bueno. I called OPGI twice today and they never returned my calls. OPGI is a hit or miss on getting what you need. I will be sending out my original door handles for re-chrome that will definitely cost me more than the 89$ for the reproduction "guaranteed" ones that don't work. Next big money job is to rechrome the front/rear bumpers.
Summer is coming !!

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 28

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac