Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Squeaky suspension after rain... *Huge Facepalm*

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I've been enjoying the hell out of my new Blackwing over the past two weeks and just finally met my 500 mile break in period just in time for it to start raining for the next several days. I was mildly disappointed that I'm not going to be able to revel in the glory of full-redline acceleration until it dries up, but what became immediately noticeable was a fairly constant squeaking coming from the passenger-side front suspension. After fretting that I was going to have to take my brand new rocket ship in for service after 500 miles, I pulled over and took a look at the source of the noise and lo-and-behold...

20210917_081450.jpg

The dealer forgot to take out the spring spacers prior to delivery!!! I've been really enjoying the car even with these in place, but this is a pretty significant miss in my opinion. I'm fairly sure that there shouldn't be any long-term effects here, but I did still want to pulse the forums to make sure that I'm not completely out of line here. Can anyone think of any significant ramifications of driving around for 500 miles with the spacer blocks in?

For what it's worth, these weren't immediately apparent in side-profile photos of the car. You can see below that it's ever-so-slightly higher in the front in this picture, but it's really not all that apparent. It also has been driving great with no obvious handling issues during the gentle break-in period. Glad I discovered it before any *very* spirited driving.

20210903_105116.jpg

Attachments

• 20210917_081450.jpg
    20210917_081450.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 136
There's a sticker regarding these right on the driver's door window. If they bothered to print out the PDI instructions, I'm sure that it's there as well. Just straight incompetence! I'm not sure if the suspension would require a reflash after having been driven for several hundred miles with them installed.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying the hell out of my new Blackwing over the past two weeks and just finally met my 500 mile break in period just in time for it to start raining for the next several days. I was mildly disappointed that I'm not going to be able to revel in the glory of full-redline acceleration until it dries up, but what became immediately noticeable was a fairly constant squeaking coming from the passenger-side front suspension. After fretting that I was going to have to take my brand new rocket ship in for service after 500 miles, I pulled over and took a look at the source of the noise and lo-and-behold...

View attachment 5000

The dealer forgot to take out the spring spacers prior to delivery!!! I've been really enjoying the car even with these in place, but this is a pretty significant miss in my opinion. I'm fairly sure that there shouldn't be any long-term effects here, but I did still want to pulse the forums to make sure that I'm not completely out of line here. Can anyone think of any significant ramifications of driving around for 500 miles with the spacer blocks in?

For what it's worth, these weren't immediately apparent in side-profile photos of the car. You can see below that it's ever-so-slightly higher in the front in this picture, but it's really not all that apparent. It also has been driving great with no obvious handling issues during the gentle break-in period. Glad I discovered it before any *very* spirited driving.

View attachment 5001
Your lucky you didn't hit a pot hole and bend a rim , with the spacers in it limits the front suspension travel .

I’m not sure if you can zoom in on this enough to see it clearly.

Attachments

• BD687F1E-526A-41BD-AA4D-1E371D6EDD87.jpeg
    BD687F1E-526A-41BD-AA4D-1E371D6EDD87.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 172
I’m not sure if you can zoom in on this enough to see it clearly.
Perhaps we should a thread (or even a sticky) with a checklist of stuff to make sure the dealer does, or leaves with the car. I haven't been paying too much attention but seems there are several things.

Awesome, just awesome. Makes you wonder what else was missed or done wrong...and not just in this case. Glad you caught it before something else happened.

Wow, it would be nice to get a pic of the rear brake parts in the bag that are for track only too. It appears they put mine on.

Thankfully, the rear brake shields were in the bag in the trunk as intended.

They are now residing in the newly minted "Spare Blackwing Parts" storage area of my garage. LOL!

I do feel like this forum could build a "Gentleman's (or Gentlelady's) PDI checklist" for all future owners.

Thankfully, the rear brake shields were in the bag in the trunk as intended.

They are now residing in the newly minted "Spare Blackwing Parts" storage area of my garage. LOL!

I do feel like this forum could build a "Gentleman's (or Gentlelady's) PDI checklist" for all future owners.
I thought that the rear brake shield thing was only for 5s. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No the owners manual and Mirza said both cars. I'm looking for the instructions to remove the rears they put on and wondering if I need to have them order me or find the rear rotor shields. Since I don't have a pic of these parts or instructions its a challenge. I told the dealership exactly what to do and they still messed it up so I'd like to correct it myself if possible.

Well actually I can see the shields just find under the car and the screw is easily accessible if there is only one. Just not sure if they left rotor shields on or not as referenced. They are definitely not in my trunk and also did not leave me the instructions.

Attachments

• 20210914_102910.jpg
    20210914_102910.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 129
Is that Satin steel? I'd sworn off white/black/silver/gray cars but that is a very nice spec.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back