Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Track Times

5BW Auto
November 2022
East Track
Best lap 1:17.55
AutoX 34.78 😬

That is a very fast lap. The hot laps that our instructors did were in the 1:15 range on east loop but they were not going all out. Fastest lap I could do on east loop was a 1:17 flat which is very slow compared to quickag.
Andi and I were pushing the instructors in our hot laps, but I wouldn't say I was catching them. It was really cool that they carved Andi and I into our own mini-group and we could really push. We both have a lot of track experience.

The instructors rotated through our mini-group and said they had a blast as well as they could really push also versus checking up and waiting.

Andi and I were pushing the instructors in our hot laps, but I wouldn't say I was catching them. It was really cool that they carved Andi and I into our own mini-group and we could really push. We both have a lot of track experience.

The instructors rotated through our mini-group and said they had a blast as well as they could really push also versus checking up and waiting.
That’s really great that they did that for you but I’m not entire surprised. The instructors were very good about grouping and trying to make sure everyone had fun, including those with little track experience and those with more. Wish I had more time for the track it’s an absolute blast.

That’s really great that they did that for you but I’m not entire surprised. The instructors were very good about grouping and trying to make sure everyone had fun, including those with little track experience and those with more. Wish I had more time for the track it’s an absolute blast.
It sure was....they put me in the middle group when I was there but kept improving time. Could have pushed more but would probably have run out of skill 😄. Instructor told us that 1.13 to 1.14 on this track with a 5 BW was the target time so @quikag time was great!

Which course?
Sorry. I think it was the East course with the bowl.

Best thing the instructors did was take me out of the "fast" group. There were two 5BW's and me in that group. I started getting really sloppy trying to catch up to the 5's, they would smoke me down the straight, but I'd catch up in the curves. I'd get nasty trying to keep the pace despite the radio guidance. When I got shifted down one notch I put down my best time because there was no one to "catch up to".

Sorry. I think it was the East course with the bowl.

Best thing the instructors did was take me out of the "fast" group. There were two 5BW's and me in that group. I started getting really sloppy trying to catch up to the 5's, they would smoke me down the straight, but I'd catch up in the curves. I'd get nasty trying to keep the pace despite the radio guidance. When I got shifted down one notch I put down my best time because there was no one to "catch up to".
Nice. That's a really fast time. It's very difficult to try to ignore the other cars on the course and just focus on your own lines, braking points, etc. because it's essentially the opposite of how one drives on the street, when you are hyper focused on what other cars around you are doing or might do.

5/4/2023
Temps: 61F
Track Eastloop
Car: CT4 M6
Group: Blue
Best time 1:21.4
AutoX: 32.25 ( Champ)

AutoX was fun but the new layout was super slippery and everyone struggles for grip. So there was a ton of tail wagging fun.

9/30/2023

Temps: 68F
Track: East loop bowl
Car: 4BW M6
Best lap: 1:18.6
AutoX: 30.47 (slow, winner took it with a 28.xx)

Day 2 was cool, windy, and overcast. Ran the best lap after lunch on day 2, followed by an 1:18.8 in the afternoon. Pretty pumped with those numbers as neither were done during the lead/follow and the instructor demo lap in the 4BW was in the mid 1:17's at their 75% effort.

Last edited:
Car: CT4 Auto
Time of Year: late June
AutoX best time: 2nd fastest in class; a CT5 beat me by 0.01 seconds.
Roadcourse: East Bowl
Best Lap Time: 1:25
Top Speed: 130 mph

I have prior track experience, but it was long ago in a car with 201 fewer horsepower. I was tentative.

Still, after Day 1 I thought was doing OK. When I was following other students in my run group they could never drop me. I could even catch a CT5 under acceleration down the main straight.

But it turns out that I was in the slow group. After the first session of Day 2 I heard people in other run groups talking about their times, and realized how far off the pace I was.

I resolved to go faster - or write a check for the deductible. I dropped 7 seconds over the last 2 sessions to get down to 1:25. I was still improving when the class was over.

A more detailed writeup here.

Temps: 105F on July 27th, 2023 - Hot AF
Track: East loop bowl
Car: 4BW M6
Group: ?
Best lap: 1:23.81

Figured we should start a thread where everyone could post both their AutoX times and lap times from the roadcourse & autoX at spring mountain. I'd suggest using the following format since different cars should run different times and there is more than one track used:

Car: CT5 Manual
AutoX best time: 27.87
Roadcourse: North
Best Lap Time: 1:19.3
My best roadcourse "The Bowl" was 1:19.2 just squeaked by ya
Top speed 129

CT5 6M
East Bowl
Temps in the low 90s (tires were a little greasy at that temp)
Best lap time: 1:17.5
Autocross: 29.29 - 2nd place behind CT4 @ 29.21

Date: 10/10/23
Temps: Low 90's
Vehicle: CT5 6M
Course: North
Best Lap: 1:22.02
Best Auto-X: 30.3
1697646771119.png

I HATE auto-X & only did it for a few years in the late 90's with my Mazda Miata. In the 3 practice sessions, I was 3 for 3 on hitting at least ONE cone. (OK, maybe the last lap, I hit a cone at the very, very end while entering the Stop box just to make it a "perfect" session.) Enter the Competition: My first lap, I did a 49+ bc I wanted to make sure I banked a cone-free lap. 🤪 The other guys in my group were all laughing & (y)as they saw me Granny Drive thru the course. My wife was standing by the Instructor's car videoing the sessions & said she could have WALKED the course faster! That 49+ was by far the slowest lap of the day. By anyone. In any group. Did I mention I HATE auto-X?

I had the most fun in the figure-8 course where we got to slide the cars around. I almost made a completely sideways figure-8. I did manage to complete a 540 spin like a top & had the Instructor laughing as I did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFG
Here for the v-club, so mixed cars

CT4
East Bowl
Best lap time 1:21.9 (manual)
Autocross: 27.94 (automatic)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed