Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Track Times

What was the format? How many track laps did you get?

East w/ bowl today. East long course tomorrow.
Number of laps is more or less time dependent. A faster group will get more laps. But give or take about 12 laps total per session?

Track/AutoX/Class
Lunch
Track/AutoX/Launch control
AutoX finals (top 9 compete)
Demo laps
"Graduation" and AutoX results

Last edited:
East w/ bowl today. East long course tomorrow.
Number of laps is more or less time dependent. A faster group will get more laps. But give or take about 12 laps total per session?

Track/AutoX/Class
Lunch
Track/AutoX/Launch control
AutoX finals (top 9 compete)
Demo laps
"Graduation" and AutoX results
I thought there were 2 one day classes (beginner on Friday and advanced on Saturday). Did you enroll in both classes to get 2 days?

I thought there were 2 one day classes (beginner on Friday and advanced on Saturday). Did you enroll in both classes to get 2 days?

Yup, exactly. I did both. There was a number of us that did the same.

Day 2 (advanced) format was
Instructor lead track/class/instructor lead/class/student lead track
Lunch
AutoX/Class/Open track/"class"/AutoX

Car: CT4 Manual
AutoX best time: 30.5
Roadcourse: east bowl
Best Lap Time: 1:20.5

I screwed up in the autox and stalled my car in the 2nd runs. I forgot to put the car back into ptm sport and the esc was going nuts and cutting power. I feel like I could have squeaked out a 29.x if that didnt happen

I ran my best lap time the 2nd session of the second day. The first session(of the 2nd day) I ran a 1:22.x, but I had to slow down from turn 8 and on because we caught the group in front of us. Pretty happy with the improvement, the first day i was running 1:28.xx

After that my front tires were at 45psi and pushing, definitely had more in it, my best time had a few big mistakes including getting pretty sideways in turn 1.

Date: 10/28/23
Temps: 70's, clear, windy, dusty
Vehicle: CT4 6M (#42 orange)
Group: Blue
Course: North
Best Lap: 1:23.84
Best Auto-X: 24.07, 4th in class

Best lap:

Last edited:
Best Auto-X: 24.07, 4th in class (of 18)

Best lap:
You and Aaron tore it up out there! Great meeting you guys as well as the rest of the group.

Hope your trip into Vegas was just as successful...if not more so, last night!

Ian

You and Aaron tore it up out there! Great meeting you guys as well as the rest of the group.

Hope your trip into Vegas was just as successful...if not more so, last night!

Ian
I'm not sure I introduced myself properly. I'm Mike D, the tall goofy one with glasses. The one who did a spin out first day on turn 1 😁. And who they lost the SD card from the first day 😕

Anyone posting slow times lol or was I the only slow ass one 😁...great times posted by people!
I'm not sure I introduced myself properly. I'm Mike D, the tall goofy one with glasses. The one who did a spin out first day on turn 1 😁. And who they lost the SD card from the first day 😕
My bad Mike.... but i know who you are. I was going by what was posted on the dry erase and missed yours.
Hope they find your 1st SD!

... and @Ergoc5, I don't remember what you posted, but if it makes you feel any better... my times sucked... like upper 130 bad (I took a red eye home and was at my daughter's basketball tournament (they won) so I haven't had a chance to look at my SD card or anything like that to be sure of exact times, improvements...). I was like 15+ seconds behind the best in the class. 🤷‍♂️

USER=1832]@Ergoc5[/USER], I don't remember what you posted, but if it makes you feel any better... my times sucked... like upper 130 bad (I took a red eye home and was at my daughter's basketball tournament (they won) so I haven't had a chance to look at my SD card or anything like that to be sure of exact times, improvements...). I was like 15+ seconds behind the best in the class. 🤷‍♂️

I was like 1.21 on the east loop in a ct5 V BW manual which was slow compared to almost every one posting here...was sick with a stomach bug both days unfortunately

I was like 1.21 on the east loop in a ct5 V BW manual which was slow compared to almost every one posting here...was sick with a stomach bug both days unfortunately
See?... I made you feel better already!

Personally have motion sickness issues... tried to take psuedoephedrine and meclizine ahead of time and not say anything (I need to take meds before I go on amusement rides and I'm still limited) ... but could only try to hide it so long. I felt drowsy and car sick at the same time🤣.

Don't get me wrong, it was still so worth it. I completed everything and did really well in auto-x and figure 8's plus enjoyed the rest of the driving and learned a crap load. Staff was amazing, people were great, accommodations and meals were solid. A great experience that I'm glad that I took advantage of.

It's a just a shame that my thick skull just couldn't process braking earlier going into the turns (it's like instead I was getting more & more aggressive into the turns instead🤦‍♂️), which makes everything else easier and smoother until my last set...which I was this close🤏 to skipping (the instructors were joking(?) with me about what the fee would be to clean vomit out of my car💸!).

I'm blessed in life and am good at a lot of things... I just learned that track racing is not one of them. It's good to get humbled from time to time.

Last edited:
Best Auto-X: 24.07, 4th in class

Best lap:
thats the one I had the week prior, picked it since I had an orange one at home

thats the one I had the week prior, picked it since I had an orange one at home
Nice! How were the rotors for you when you? They replaced them for me between days and the second day was so nice.
I wish they had wave blue to pick from, first world problems.

Nice! How were the rotors for you when you? They replaced them for me between days and the second day was so nice.
I wish they had wave blue to pick from, first world problems.
They were great the 1st 4 sessions. The 4th session I was doing good, but couldnt get a clean lap. I think if I could have gotten a clean lap, I would have run a 1:18.xx. A couple of the laps I slowed cause I was catching the instructor in a ct5 blackwing in the corners, but she killed me on the straights. I was super hard on the brakes that 4th session. I went out for my 5th with the goal of getting an official 1:19, but I hit the brakes after the 1st straight and the front vibrated really bad. It settled down after some heat got in the brakes, but it wasnt braking as well/or I lost confidence. The instructor asked why my time was slower and I told him I think I cooked the rotors and he looked at the rotors and said, no Im good..lol. Guess I was right...sorry!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back