Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

were there instructors with you in the cars at all times when the track was hot? Or did they send out out with comms in the helmets?

were there instructors with you in the cars at all times when the track was hot? Or did they send out out with comms in the helmets?

Haven't been to Spring Mountain yet (10/1-3 for me), but most professional instruction is now lead/follow with comms in the helmet.

MSF guidance changed after a spate of fatal accidents a few years ago.

Haven't been to Spring Mountain yet (10/1-3 for me), but most professional instruction is now lead/follow with comms in the helmet.

MSF guidance changed after a spate of fatal accidents a few years ago.
In other words, student crashed and killed the instructor?

Greetings all!

Packing for Spring Mountain tomorrow and thought I would ask:

Anyone use their own helmet and HANS device? I was considering using mine.

Nope, don’t bother they supply CLEAN head socks helmet r fine.
Not going 150 MPH, not that you can’t get hurt in my opinion not necessary!
Have fun!
Cheers

Greetings all!

Packing for Spring Mountain tomorrow and thought I would ask:

Anyone use their own helmet and HANS device? I was considering using mine.
They use a Simpson Hybrid (maybe Hybrid S? - not certain). Some folks in our group brought their own compatible helmets and used them - not sure about the HANS itself.

They use a Simpson Hybrid (maybe Hybrid S? - not certain). Some folks in our group brought their own compatible helmets and used them - not sure about the HANS itself.
That’s what I have. The Hybrid S. Good to know I won’t be an outlier. 😁

Just wrapped up Spring Mountain and I can echo the consensus that it was an outstanding experience. The condos are quite nice, the provided breakfast and lunch are better than most Marriotts, and the instructors more than up to the task of helping anyone get better or at least more comfortable pushing whatever their own limits are.

I could have benefited from more PDR review, they only do this once and I think 1 or 2 class sessions could be omitted or condensed to fit in another PDR review. Otherwise its well paced, decent balance of track and class and paddock work.

Best part of course is hammering the shit out of someone else's car for 2 days. You know its been ran hard and put away wet when you hop in a car with a full tank of gas and it says 85mi until empty.

SO I just called. I bought my 4BW in October '22. I was just told by Kim at SM, that "the GM subsidy price is only covered for one year after purchase".... meaning I need to do it this month, or I lose out. You don't have one year to book, you need to attend within the first year of ownership. I was under the impression that you had to book within the first year. Sucks I could miss out. I'm on Standby for 10/16-17, 10/23-24, or 10/27-28. Hopefully I get a spot.

How can I push that?
And how much time would the extension get me?

You have to call and ask your sales rep at Spring Mountain. She has to call GM. How long? I think six months MAX. It's up to GM.

Just returned from my visit to SM on Mon-Tue of this week. Got to meet @KatyTxCT5V.

Like everyone else, I loved everything about the experience. Even got lucky with the weather - 50 at daybreak and low 70s in the day.

I would only change launch control exercise. It would have been nice if it was like snow/ice mode demo. Let us launch on our own and then try it with the computer's help.

I got to see and hear not only my first Z06, but half a dozen customers drove their own to the facility. Not sure if they were taking it, but there's even a dedicated Z06 class now. The sound is out of this world. I had no idea it was legal to sell a new car that loud. It was amazing.

This sucks, my sales rep, and everyone on here has told me that I had a year to register for this class. Now the lady I spoke to at SM says you only have a year from date of purchase to attend. I requested an extension, I hope it works. This late in the year, I cannot get the time off work to do this. I waited until the month it would expire (October) to register, in an attempt to get into the new year with scheduling, as I'll have plenty of time to attend then. Any tips to try to get that extension?

Does anybody know which track section they’re running these days for 5BW? I was out there for ATS-V years ago and curious if it’ll be the same track (West) we did then or if it’s different now and for more powerful cars. I’ll be there Oct 22-24.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back