Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain impressions

Same date - I will see you there!
I'm there the previous week - BEFORE Paddy's Day, so we'll get the instructors before they go on a weekend bender 😄

If anyone has an off, I'll be sure to let you guys know which car to avoid, ha. Speaking of which, I assume Cadillac has this $10k-$2.5k deductible thing for people ripping off the front splitter. Obviously a wreck is a wreck, but that seems the most obvious thing within that price range. Seeing as it's a comped $3500 HDPE, it's a drop in the bucket to pay the $250 as a reverse jinx.

Sounds like a great opportunity! How much will you pay us for that?
im-kind-big-deal.jpg

Both the 4 and 5 are out there together. There aren't separate classes.
In my class we did all go out in a group but the 5s were grouped together and went out first. Lead follow was segmented by 4 vs 5. The 5s are so much faster.

In my class we did all go out in a group but the 5s were grouped together and went out first. Lead follow was segmented by 4 vs 5. The 5s are so much faster.
I believe they group you by skill and pace. I was in a three car group with two 5s and they were no faster around that track than me. They’d pull away in the straight and I’d reel them back in during the technical parts.

@azeyecap THANK YOU for the great and detailed review!
I just got back to this thread after i posted my review several weeks ago. Thanks to all of you that sent appreciation for the review i placed in this thread, it was really nice to hear that what I wrote was helpful to some of you who have not gone to this school yet. Made me feel that my hour of typing away was worth it!

I believe they group you by skill and pace. I was in a three car group with two 5s and they were no faster around that track than me. They’d pull away in the straight and I’d reel them back in during the technical parts.
Same for me... I spent the entire time with the 5s. Some 5s were moved to the newer drivers with 4s.

The 5s are just so fast on the straights, they either close quickly or pull away quickly. The 0-60 times may be close, but the 60-100 times I think are much more of a spread (I'm sure it just feels that way... but it looked that way too).

Booked Feb 15 & 16 with @alexf718. Would have preferred dates later in the year, but he waited for me to get my car so we can book together, and now that he is almost at the year mark, they are hesitant to let him book past March, so if you are coming up on a year - don't wait to book.
:beerI'll be there with you guys. Apparently they don't have a 6MT for me though so I'll be in an automatic unless an earlier date comes up that I want to get in.

I haven’t attended M school yet but I’m looking forward to it! 🙂 Spring Mountain was a blast though.

View attachment 11068

True, I drive way more assholey in my wife's X3M than the Blackwing. BMWs must come from the factory possessed with the spirit of a dead douchebag or something (who probably died in his own BMW crash).

I went with 4 guys from the forum, @soulsea , @burn813 and I can't remember the other forum names, but we had a blast... Had dinner two nights with Kyle and Serge two really cool cats! Thanks again for dinner Serge!! And my awesome son Jake!
It was really a great time. And the people were pretty awesome too

Just to confirm from those that have been - it's 8 cars in total? (2 6MT + 2 10AT) x (4BW + 5BW)?

While I have my March '23 date phew, I did ask to be wait-listed and that I could 'last-minute' fill if someone cancels (as I don't want to go on track in my 4BW before practicing in theirs); however it looks like there are ~17 academies the rest of the year, which means 34 manual 4BW slots... I won't hold my breath then :D

Just to confirm from those that have been - it's 8 cars in total? (2 6MT + 2 10AT) x (4BW + 5BW)?

While I have my March '23 date phew, I did ask to be wait-listed and that I could 'last-minute' fill if someone cancels (as I don't want to go on track in my 4BW before practicing in theirs); however it looks like there are ~17 academies the rest of the year, which means 34 manual 4BW slots... I won't hold my breath then :D

Yeah the math just doesn’t work out so that everyone can go. I foresee some disappointed customers in the future that won’t be able to go. If you got your BW start booking that shit immediately.

Got email yesterday and called today and no current openings (at least for 5bw). They will contact me when next openings are released. They also said last week when they released the new dates, they filled up within 2 hours! So keep your head on a swivel!

Got email yesterday and called today and no current openings (at least for 5bw). They will contact me when next openings are released. They also said last week when they released the new dates, they filled up within 2 hours! So keep your head on a swivel!
It definitely helps to have called in - as I'd done that earlier in the month and so one of the Spring Mountain customer associates actually rang me when they were released, then I noticed the email.

Hey, if anyone here is in SM at any point can you shoot me a message to let me know?
I have a small favor to ask that will only take a few secs.
Thanks

Any tips for people flying in to Vegas and renting a car? Looks like I can't fly out the day it ends, so I'm gonna spend a night somewhere and explore.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back