Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Speed Sign reading

CT5-V Model
My 2019 Mercedes used its cameras. Shame on GM. I hope they fixed this is 2025, better late than never.

I have to post this. Got in my car today and the fucker had a software glitch that was showing the speed limit sign that I hate so much… TWICE!! OnStar is monitoring my posting history….

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpeg
    IMG_0477.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Here's what my experiment just showed going for a short drive.
From my home speed limit showed 2 dashes (it's not a posted zone). Onto next street it starts in a 25 zone which displayed properly. As it increased to 35 then 40 zone the display increased properly. I made a U-turn, stopped (in the 40 zone) & turned off engine, and pulled the Nav SD card. Upon restart, it showed 40. I drove back & when I hit the 35 then 25 zones, the display never changed from 40. U-turn again in the 25, then 35, 40 - no change; showed 40 the whole time. Stopped in the same location, reinstalled the Nav SD card, restarted and drove back. Display now matched the posted zones (40, 35, then 25) then - - when I turned back on my street.

So.... Seems to pull the info. from the Nav.

Honestly don’t know if I’ve ever tried to use the nav, I have Waze going 24/7 for speed traps. I’ll try the nav tomorrow when I leave the house and report back - guessing that’s it
Nav definitely works in my car, so that explains why my speed limit sign works….Never used the nav before - kinda cool to have the directions show up in the HUD. On the flip side I felt naked driving without Waze on - and the built in nav was trying to take me on a very inefficient route. Don’t see myself using it very often.

Strange system GM is using. In my Hondas, speed limit sign recognition is optical.

Strange system GM is using. In my Hondas, speed limit sign recognition is optical.
I would assume this is a legacy system as GM has been using reading of the Nav data present in the car for many years. This is why you would have to buy map updates on a generally yearly basis to keep them fresh. When this system was put in place, there wasn't tech to allow sign reading. I would suspect that going forward the optical capabilities will be migrated to by most everyone.

"sign reading" is exactly why I went 95 all the way up I95 between DC and Baltimore back in the day (1980) before I turned the old Toyota Corona back to the folks....and this was before AI...

You guys sometimes really annoy me ! Now this is something that I never really knew existed or paid attention to and NOW i have to check it out and see ! I'm not pulling my 5BW out of storage until April and I have to write a reminder to myself to check this out. Thanks alot.

You guys sometimes really annoy me ! Now this is something that I never really knew existed or paid attention to and NOW i have to check it out and see ! I'm not pulling my 5BW out of storage until April and I have to write a reminder to myself to check this out. Thanks alot.
LOL - its not such a big deal...probably can wait...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back