Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spare Tire and wheel

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
After having a few Corvettes and a V1 with run-flat tires, I didn't really like the idea of having a car without run-flats and missing a spare also. So, I checked around and found a company up in NY that makes spare tire kits for the V Sedan and Wagon. It is the only "modification" so far.

The spare tire kit comes from Eurotek Designs Automotive Tuning and Electronic Engineering. ECU programming and tuning. They don't even list Cadillac as a car they have stuff for on their web site but they do make a spare tire kit for the V.

I got a mini-spare tire on a narrow HRE wheel, a jack, lug wrench and spacer and it all fits in the spare tire well (need to put a picture with this). For us Vagon owners, the sub-woofer fits inside the spare wheel and the tire pump and inflator fits also.

That's it - and my fire extinguisher mount for Open Road Racing.

After having a few Corvettes and a V1 with run-flat tires, I didn't really like the idea of having a car without run-flats and missing a spare also. So, I checked around and found a company up in NY that makes spare tire kits for the V Sedan and Wagon. It is the only "modification" so far.

The spare tire kit comes from Eurotek Designs Automotive Tuning and Electronic Engineering. ECU programming and tuning. They don't even list Cadillac as a car they have stuff for on their web site but they do make a spare tire kit for the V.

I got a mini-spare tire on a narrow HRE wheel, a jack, lug wrench and spacer and it all fits in the spare tire well (need to put a picture with this). For us Vagon owners, the sub-woofer fits inside the spare wheel and the tire pump and inflator fits also.

That's it - and my fire extinguisher mount for Open Road Racing.

Wonder if they happen to make one for the XLR... there are many owners that are going with non run-flats, although my XLR will never be without them. More expense, but in my mind, it's worth the peace of mind.

Wonder if they happen to make one for the XLR... there are many owners that are going with non run-flats, although my XLR will never be without them. More expense, but in my mind, it's worth the peace of mind.

Does the XLR have a spare tire well? If it's like the Vette, the answer is no. So, no place to put a spare tire kit.

Like you, my Vettes will always have run-flats for the safety and piece of mind. Plugging tools and tire inflator kits can only do so much.

Does the XLR have a spare tire well? If it's like the Vette, the answer is no. So, no place to put a spare tire kit.

Like you, my Vettes will always have run-flats for the safety and piece of mind. Plugging tools and tire inflator kits can only do so much.

No it doesn't... the owners that are switching from run-flats are carrying a 12V tire inflator and some "Slime" that they carry in the trunk.

No it doesn't... the owners that are switching from run-flats are carrying a 12V tire inflator and some "Slime" that they carry in the trunk.

That will work until they cut the sidewall like my wife did with our V1 a couple of years back. Slime will not fill a 1.5 by 2.5 inch "T" shaped gash. In our case, we had run-flats on it and she drove on to where she needed to go - about 20 miles. If it had regular tires on it, she would have been on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.

My Vette gets run-flats and I'm happy with them - my Vette is a MagRide car and that make a difference in feel and noise.
Since the Vagon has a spare tire well and I can't find matching run-flats for it, I bought the spare tire kit so we wouldn't have to be waiting for a tow truck.

That will work until they cut the sidewall like my wife did with our V1 a couple of years back. Slime will not fill a 1.5 by 2.5 inch "T" shaped gash. In our case, we had run-flats on it and she drove on to where she needed to go - about 20 miles. If it had regular tires on it, she would have been on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.

My Vette gets run-flats and I'm happy with them - my Vette is a MagRide car and that make a difference in feel and noise.
Since the Vagon has a spare tire well and I can't find matching run-flats for it, I bought the spare tire kit so we wouldn't have to be waiting for a tow truck.

Besides, if a tire blows the ground would probably take out the front lower air deflector, and maybe the front bumper as well, considering as low as the XLR is. Yea, I'm good with having run-flats even though they are rather pricey, after all there IS a reason they are on the automobiles they are on...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back