Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Some Automotive Journalists Suck

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Just about all the reviews I've read about the CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing have been stellar, until it comes to the interior quality.

Now, I admit I haven't had the opportunity to see or feel the Blackwing interior, but I can't help but wonder if some automotive journalists just talk through their asses based upon some of GM's past historical trash rather than actually objectively reviewing the quality.

It's the same BS type of commentary I've read for years from automotive journalists regarding the Corvette's interior.

This from a recent Forbes article posted today reviewing the CT5-V Blackwing 10-Speed Automatic:

As with every CT5, the only caveats are luxury and packaging. If only the Cadillac’s cabin was as advanced as the technology under its skin. The shift wand belies the stellar performance of the automatic transmission; the cheapskate lever would be at home in a rental Chevy Malibu. An 8-inch touchscreen badly trails the luxury curve in size, graphics and stylish integration. Trunk space is also tight with 11.9 cubic-feet; a Honda Civic’s is larger.

First: let's take a look at both shifters:

2021 Chevy Malibu:

2021-chevy-malibu-shifter.jpg

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing:

2022-cadillac-ct5-v-shifter.jpg

Now...either I'm blind, or neither one of these even remotely resemble the other.

Second: it's a ****ing shifter! What do you want it do!? Massage your back, scramble your eggs, and butter your toast!?

Idiots...

to be fair @Rob, none of these "so-called journalists owned a CTS-V3......which is trash is comparison to the CT5-V BW. I'll be very happy with the "sub par" interior and all that power and torque hahahaha

GM still does GM things in certain places. The grain of the plastic on the base of the seats has really irked me in all of the pictures. But really, if you've owned a BMW, you know that they're no great shakes either. Everyone cuts costs somewhere, it's just a question of where and how much it bugs you as an end user. Overall, I think Cadillac has done a pretty nice job on these interiors.

And the auto shift knob definitely looks closer to something out of a BMW than the Malibu. Never trust a financial publication to tell you about cars, unless you want to know what will make you look cool with the Wall Street bros.

I will agree the automatic shifter feels cheap. But everything else in the interior is much better than the previous generation.

You know there's a fix for this right? Also deletes those silly flappy-paddles, so it's a win-win...
but, you would be purchasing a slower car too...so more like lose/win

I think the auto shifter looks fine but I had it in an XT5 loaner and hated it for the first few days. I eventually got used to it, though.

we have the same shifter in our XT6 and its fine...I got the alcantara covered one in the BW to make it feel different hahaha

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back