Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

So my coworkers z06 was stolen from our work garage

Years ago my dad bought a car from a dealership that was regularly getting cars stolen from their lot. They installed this little computer chip on their cars and prevented a lot of the thefts. This was 25 years ago and I don't know if thieves can defeat something like this nowadays, but it worked for that Northern Indiana Chevrolet dealer.
I have a Ravelco in one of my vehicles along with a GPS tracker. All these security measures will stop some thiefs but nothing will stop a professional.

Not sure but I think that was at me. Just want to clarify for the record that I don't live in Chicago. 20 some miles west to be close. But definitely NOT Chicago. It's bad enough I have to say Illinois.
Yes, I wasn't sure but I figured you lived near cook county. I moved away 7 years ago and I haven't heard any improvements.

1+. Take it from the guy who lives in Chicago.

I'd suggest signing up for the OnStar package this way if it's stolen you can track it. They can cut the power to the accelerator and at least you'll get it back.
All they have to do is cut your antenna cable and it's useless.

You see, that's what I mean. If they want your car they will figure out a way to get it. I've heard of people who have fuel pump kill switches hidden and somehow they were able to steal the car. The best anyone can do is make it as difficult as possible to steal the car and the thieves will move on to an easier target.
1677098556519.png

You can install a hidden stand alone cellular GPS tracker. But there are inexpensive devices that can detect the cellular RF signal. There are no fail safe reasonable measures. I would suggest all these security measures but also park the car in the garage and remove the wheels and lock them in a safe. That will slow them down enough to detect the intrusion and take action.

Back in the day when I converted my Miata into a street legal time trial car, I installed a removable MOMO steering wheel. I'd park the car & take the steering wheel with me. Talk about theft deterrent! If someone could figure out a way to do that with the steering wheel & keep all the functionality intact on our cars, I'd jump at the conversion! I mean, look at the IMSA, Indy & F1 cars with their fancy, removable steering wheels. Can't be THAT hard, right? (I wish!)

I have two types of "The Club". A red one like the photo and a blue one that has 4 prongs to grab the wheel. I went on vacation with my new Suburban to Disney with the family. We parked in a motel somewhere off I-95 in North Carolina. I grabbed my blue club and expanded it on the wheel. As soon as I did it, I realized I had the wrong key ! The blue one locks as soon as you expand it. The next morning I walked to a local hardware store and bought a hack saw. I knew I could never cut through the hardened steel club, but the steering wheel was like butter ! Off came the club and I just wrapped some electrical tape around the cut. Bought a new steering wheel once I got home.

Thanks to this thread I just ordered a some faraday FOB pouches and a larger pouch to keep spare key sets. Seems like this simple step is going to mostly prevent theft except for the tow-away thieves.
I have a faraday box in the house where I keep all my fobs so nobody can copy the signal in the middle of the night or if I'm out of the house. I also have a smaller pouch that can fit two keys that I take with me if I'm going on a trip for more then a day.

Believe it or not.....2003 vehicles are in the zone for getting stolen. People need the parts to keep 20 year old vehicles running.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back