Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

"Service Safety Restraint System" Error

Cap Brannigan

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT$-v Blackwing on order
Anyone else have this error on the CT4-V Blackwing? It has been popping up nonstop while I drive recently. Took it into the dealer twice now, both times they said they they reconnected seatbelt nd wheel clock sensors and it should be fixed. It's still not fixed and the dealer appears to be totally stumped.

PXL_20220901_152740751.jpg

Yes, it’s the airbag sensor thing. Take it to the dealer and they have to fix the connector or re-attach it.

If they can't figure it out, have them escalate to GM for technical assistance and insist they not give the car back until it's fixed since it's a safety system.

Sadly, this must be a common design ct4bw flaw..
This makes at least four of us on this forum, there are no doubt more ... Hopefully GM has a TSB on it by now!

prior thread (bigfx, zonearc0): CT4-V - "Service Safety Restraint System"
yours;
mine goes in tomorrow for the same;

--

ps, regarding my case ..
Mostly has been an airbag light. It was not constant, but high rate of occurrence. Yesterday I had a new case where it flagged airbag plus passenger seat belt not plugged (although no one sitting in that seat).
Had it in once prior, and they declared it was only history codes. Will demand they find some fix next time.

I'll procide these suggestions to the Dealer. It comes on every 30 seconds and makes a warning sound. The car is lovely but a warning bong every 30 seconds is slowly driving me mad.

Mine today was diagnosed as a passenger seat belt retractor. Will see on Tuesday when parts come!

Would highly suggest taking video of the dash event (airbag light and service restraint warning), plus the upper display (yellow passenger airbag on/off light status). I found the service advisor was very interested in those .. gave it to him as a “don’t diagnose this as no defect - look at this”

Had this fixed by dealer. There is another thread that had the same issue reported. The fix sounded the same. I haven't had an issue since they fixed it.

Here is the snip from my service order at the dealer:

1662243471973.png

Anyone else have this error on the CT4-V Blackwing? It has been popping up nonstop while I drive recently. Took it into the dealer twice now, both times they said they they reconnected seatbelt nd wheel clock sensors and it should be fixed. It's still not fixed and the dealer appears to be totally stumped.

View attachment 12324
Me too. The dealer has ordered the replacement part. But glad to know this is something common and hopefully they figure it out soon.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back